September 7, 2013

the other half of june

When I last finished a blog post I believe I left off about Thursday June 13. And I want to write about the NOW, but I hate to just skip out on everything that happened between. So.... here we go.

Friday June 14 my mom and I went and got massages. It was so calming and felt so good, though I shoulders/traps were really tense and I don't think she could quite get the knots and kinks out. Then my mom and I relaxed at the pool until other duties called us away.

That evening Josue and I went shopping to Lafayette then I went to my dad's for the night.

Saturday June 15 I went to the Lord's Pantry with my dad, mowed then spent much needed time hanging out with Morgan, sitting on her front porch swing catching up about our the start of our summers and ending of the school year. Time with her is always well spent, and never enough. I also babysat for two very sweet sisters (Kara and Kallie) that evening, whom I had never met before but we got along so well! They were so cute and polite and advanced for their age, I was impressed and had so much fun playing with them!
Sunday June 16 Michael and I went to mass with my dad. Then I helped my dad work outside and fix the window to my car before going out to dinner in Indianapolis that evening to St. Elmo's to celebrate Fathers Day! I love my dad and am so thankful for all he does for me, and how he's shaped me to be who I am today. It was delicious, and we were all happy the sunday special came with dessert. Yum.

The following week was full of work, work, work. Monday the 17 I went in to sign paperwork and have blood drawn, a urine sample give, and a few shots. Then the 18 I had to day off and hung out with Hannah which was also much needed! The 19 I went in and completed computer based training, then worked the 20, 21, 22, 23, and 24. After I got off work (usually a 6:30am-2:30pm shift during the weekdays, and 5am-9am shift during the weekends) Josue and I met at the gym and worked out and I also spent most of my evenings hanging out with Josue and my family.


The following week, and basically the entire rest of my summer was full of lots of days of work. But specifically, that week seemed to be full of yummy treats like Little Mexico for dinner June 25, making funfetti cookies June 26, and finding a passion fruit drink June 27 that brought me back to my Costa Rica vacation in 2010.


June 29 we had special guests over for dinner, not only my grandparents, but also one of Josue's sister's kittens came for a visit! Everyone loved getting to meet and snuggle with Cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment