January 3, 2012

The last stretch of break. #bittersweet.

Because it is the last night of break and because I want to finish it off doing something I love. Though I probably don't have time to do each event what it deserves. Also. In the near future I will add pictures, hopefully tomorrow. But today I have encountered (and fingers crossed) fixed more than my share of technology problems.

My mom, Maria, I drove to my cousins' house on Thursday December 29. We played with Gracie, their new golden retriever puppy. She is so soft and fluffy and has the cutest face. She mostly sleeps. A lot. More than I do. And she runs from one toy to the next. She also bites a lot. And has accidents on the carpet. I don't remember that part of Maggie's puppy days. But I am so thankful Maggie is more mature than that. As cute as they are, puppies are way more work and definitely not as smart. Which isn't expected. Mostly I just am thankful for and love my own dog very much.





And it was my cousin Sarah's sweet 16! Yay for her! We celebrated by going to play laser tag. Which was actually pretty fun. We also went out for pizza and had ice cream cake when we got back to their house.



We spent the evening playing their Christmas present from us. It was a game called scribblish and so much fun. You start with a phrase, and they're all very very strange. Then you write it on your paper and draw a picture of it. Then you push it up so the written part is hidden and pass it on so the person next to you can only see your drawing. Then they write a caption for it and push it up so the person they pass to can only see their caption and that person has to draw a picture. You continue this until it makes its round and you end up with your own. We all laughed and laughed a lot from the things that they turned into. It was so much fun. Especially the people who were poor drawers and the other people who made very specific, intense captions.




Friday December 30 we hung out at their house. And watched and played with Gracie. And played Just Dance 3. Of course, Jacqueline dominated us all.

When we got home Josue came over to hang out. We were watching The Notebook, but I mostly just tried to nap.

We had practice that night. There were only a few of us that showed up and we got through everything so we got done 45 minutes early! And I did one of my best vaults all year (apparently I need to run harder) and I got my long hang pull overs again! Yay.

Then I packed for a few days for my dads. house.

Saturday December 31 I woke up early and went to The Lord's Pantry with my dad. Mostly there isn't anything too different from the other times I've written about. Though there was an especially large amount of bread today. And a handful of guys that were really helpful and eager to help out in any way. Also I love that some people are starting to not only recognize me, but even know me by name and things about me. The guy who does assigns people help at holding bags and Ralph, who helps my dad manage the room with the bread and vegetables. We had to leave before it was over, which I felt really bad about. But I had to get home for my next adventure.




At 12:30 I went to Grace's house. Our table at the cheese cake factory had mad plans to hang out again and to try sushi. I was so thrilled it was actually happening! Grace, Olivia, Adrienne, and I drove to Lafayette to Purdue's campus, only to find that the sushi bar place was closed over break! We were let down, but it just encouraged us to hang out again. We ended up eating at Chipotle. It was interesting. Pretty good, but just so much food. We also got to talk a lot, which is always good. About boys mostly. In general and our own specific boys. Also about our plans for New Years and for school next year.




Before heading home we stopped at Von's and Target. Both lovely places. Von's is a bookstore that has expanded and has lots of beads, music, comic books, cards, clothes, and jewelry as well. There was so much that it was a little overwhelming, but it was so much fun to look around at stuff. I ended up purchasing two simple pearl-like beaded rings for Maria and I. I love them!





At 7:30 I headed to the neighbors' house to babysit their son, Noah. It wasn't the most exciting New Years Eve plans, but when they called I had nothing better to do and figured it'd be decent money. The first hour was full of them and their friends watching basketball and running around the house getting ready. Then, Noah and I hung out a while before I put him in his crib. I hated hearing him cry, but it didn't last long. Most of the night I spent on the couch watching tv and sleeping. I also had to get Noah once who had woken up. Finally, at 3:30 the neighbors returned home. I was ready to go home and get in my own bed. Although, I was a little disappointed at the pay I received. Not even earning $4 an hour for the 8 hours I spent my New Years Eve babysitting. Oh well.



Sunday was January 1! 2012! I hung out at my dad's most of the day. I slept in quite a bit and later went to Sarah's house. We watched Friends with Benefits. Though we had to fast forward through parts so I could watch the end before I had to go. I also made a scarf/necklace thing while we watched it. Though I'm not sure how I feel about it.




I rushed home to my dad's house, changed, and went to church. Even though my dad went to mass that morning, he went again so I didn't have to sit alone. I was really thankful. I was signed up to be a Eucharistic Minister, which is why I went to the youth mass in the first place and not the morning mass with my dad. But Father ended up telling me he didn't need me and that I could go sit back down while I was on the altar. Instead, he had to people doing the blood of Christ and he did the body of Christ all by himself. Passing it out I mean. (also its weird referring to it as that. Because usually I just call it the wine and the bread/host. But I guess thinking about it, by the time we receive it, it has became the body and the blood.)

Monday January 2 I hung out at my dad's most of the day, trying to motivate myself to do my homework. Blah. I also went to Fantastic Sam's finally to get my hair cut. I dragged Sarah along, and felt kind of bad because she just sat in the waiting area. I was just so scared to go by myself. I also felt bad when I finished because I didn't tip the girl who cut my hair. But I wasn't sure if I was supposed to. I didn't mean to not tip her :( I do believe that getting your hair cut is so good therapy. 1) getting your hair and head massaged and played with. 2) looking better=feeling better. 3) usually the hairdresser talks to you. Today she only talked about the necessary questions about my hair. I dearly miss Robyn, my hairdresser that moved. Which is why I haven't gotten mine cut in so long.


At 7 I came back to my mom's. I finished homework and (hopefully) fixed my computer and my printer. I unpacked. I watched an Oprah about Steven Tyler. And told stories from my break.

More importantly than being the last day of break, January 2 means Josue and I have been together for four months. He has helped me out through so much and been the reason behind many of the smiles I've had. He is so sweet and truly does care about me, as do I care about him. I think that since we've been together, we have both grown. But I think he's especially grown into more of his full potential and is much more mature.

Maybe I will eventually write like a New Year post. But in case I don't I will post my assignment that I wrote tonight for school tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment