May 29, 2012

Continuing Catching Up!

Tuesday April 10 Josue and I decided to have dinner together. We went to Steak n Shake. As weird as this is, it was our first actual official date. Almost every other time we've just hung out at each other's houses or at school events and stuff which I consider more as just hanging out. I don't know. But Steak n Shake was really fun. For some reason I was just really giggly and kept laughing at nothing. Which luckily he laughed at and thought was kind of funny. I just wish we would have taken a picture. But that's okay. It's still a good, and vivid, memory. Oh! and how could I forget to mention that he paid for both our meals. Which makes it more official and him more of a gentleman!

Friday the 13 Maria and I went to my dad's house. Soon we left to Indianapolis for dinner. We ate at a Brazilian steakhouse called Fogo de Chao. At first it was really intimidating. The set up was different than most restaurants and we were having a difficult time hearing and understanding our waitress that was explaining it all. Eventually though we got the hang of it. We were brought 3 standard appetizers that were actually pretty weird. I think they were mashed potatoes with toppings, corn bread, and some kind of baked, carmelish banana or something? I really don't know. Then we went to the salad bar which was huge and in the middle of the restaurant. There was also cheese and crackers and vegetables on it. Then when we were ready, we each had a paper disk. On one side it was red, and the other was green. When we were ready for meat we flipped it to the green side and guys carrying meat would come to your table and offer you what they were carrying. There were a lot of different cuts of steak and also some chicken and maybe pork or something. I mostly stuck with the steak. If they brought you something you wanted, you told them how you wanted it cooked and they sliced of a big piece for you. We had to grab the pieces with our tongs and put them on our plate. It was crazy. But really good. Then we convinced my dad to let us get dessert. Maria ordered cheese cake and I ordered crembruele. Both to share between the three of us. The crembruele had a banana flavor I thought, so I was a little disappointed. I mostly tried to eat a lot of the caramelized sugar topping and not much of the custard. Then I got a little talking to by my dad and Maria. They were serious, but I just found it humerus I was actually getting in trouble (well not actually) for that and I kept laughing. Which embarrassed Maria. But oh well. It was fun to go experience such a new type of restaurant and to share a meal with Maria and my dad. Especially such a tasty one! Oh and how could I forget. On the way home driving out of the parking garage, somehow my dad drove on the sidewalk. hahah Oh my gosh. It was so funny. None of us even realized it until he got to the end and couldn't turn off the road/ actually it was a sidewalk. It was crazy.

I had a few pictures I was going to add. Of the crembruele (which is spelled wrong but spell check doesn't know what word I'm meaning) and just one of the night city around the spot where we drove on the sidewalk. But my computer won't let my upload them and I don't have time to do it on my mom's. And I hope to get that worked out because I'm not messing with that this whole summer. Bleh.

The next Friday, April 20 Hannah and I took an adventure. After she got off work from Pizza Hut around 9pm, we left down and headed to Greencastle. This is where Depauw University is. More importantly, it is where our friends go to school! Alex and Steph! We have been friends since Hannah and I joined the soccer team as freshmen. Though we still don't understand how these three juniors (Becca too but she goes to school in California) started liking us and enough to hang out with us. But we are so happy! We love our group and that we still hang out and reunite. We are a crazy, perfect mix of friends. Kind of like the Sisterhood of the Traveling pants a little. And always have a fun time hanging out. After getting a little confused once we got to the campus, we went up to a white house which we thought was where we met Alex but apparently she lived in the big dorm building beside it. Whoops. We hung out in her room with some of her friends and talked for a little while and laughed and watched the random music video on Aladdin. Then we went to Froyo and had yummy frozen yogurt. We could get as much as we wanted of whatever kind and of whatever toppings and you paid by how many ounces it was, which was really cool! Then we went to this study place where we met Steph. And talked to her for a little while. But soon we had to head back to Cville and get Hannah home by her midnight curfew. It was so good to see our friends again!

No comments:

Post a Comment