June 9, 2012

better late than never

Summer is here. And I'm still in April. Ahh. This is bad. So here we go.

Saturday April 21 was prom! That morning by myself I did my nails. I painted my toenails red and my fingernails french tips with a gold sparkly line where the white touched the pinkish part.

I packed up and headed to Sarah Warner's house. I was excited to bring my prom basket made by and given to me from Mrs. Rainwater-the teacher who was my sunshine lady this year. It was so cute! Gold nail polish, bobby pins, lip gloss, a mirror, hairspray, breath mints, gold eye shadow, oil sheets to wipe your face, scrapbooking stuff, and a key chain that you could put a picture in. Plus the handle was made with two strands of ribbon. One with Ms and one with Js. Aww it was so cute!


A lot of girls came to Sarah's house. Sarah babysits for Sarah Hutchison- who helped me with everything for homecoming. Hair, make-up, etc. I love her energy and enthusiasm for everything. She was doing hair for who ever wanted it because she loves to do hair and only has a little son. She also brought a friend- Amber who was there with tons of nail polish to do nails. Sarah did my hair and my make-up. The rest of the girls stayed for dinner and pictures, but I was off to other things.



I picked up Josue and we went to the Iron Gate where we met Elizabeth, Sam, Ally, Emma, William, Baylen, Tommy, and Tayler. I think that's all of them. It was decent food but I just kind of felt out of place a little. But that's okay.


After dinner we all headed to the Hess house. They have a brand new house and it's gorgeous! We all got dressed -the boys in the basement and the girls in Julie's bedroom. I was happy that the other mom's were there to help me out since my mom was out of town and couldn't.


Josue looked so cute in his tux. I'd never seen him more dressed up than jeans and a nice button-up shirt. He sure was handsome. We gave each other the flowers (which are just too hard to try to spell). I covered getting both of those because I just wanted them to match and to look good and not go wrong like in past years. They were beautiful and perfect.



Then we took lots of pictures. Lots of smiling. Inside of the house.

\


And outside.




Everyone else headed to prom. But we had a few more stops to make. We went to my dad's house, but he wasn't home. I felt bad, but we didn't have time. We were already late. Then we went to my grandparents house and snapped a few pictures.


Finally we got to the high school. The dancing didn't quite go so well for us. Neither of us really are into dancing in front of a huge crowd. But we got out on the floor a little bit. Definitely for every slow song we were there. Oh and there was also a photo booth.

Our after prom is at the bowling alley, but that didn't really appeal to either of us. We ended up going back to his house to watch a movie. But both crashed and fell asleep pretty quickly. That was a long (and stressful) day. Then I left my lovely date and went home to bed.

Sunday my dad and I went to church then drove a long way to go horseback riding! It was so much fun. I loved actually doing something with my dad rather than just sitting at his house which often seems to happen. Neither of us had rode horses in so long. It felt good to be on a saddle again. We went in a line with a leader. But we got to trot and canter. It was a little scary at first I thought. But I really enjoyed cantering because it was so much smoother than trotting. Although my dad was a little disappointed that we walked as much as we did. I don't think I could've handled trotting/cantering the whole time though.



My dad had to leave and go to work pretty soon once we got back. I asked him to go to Applebee's, but he just had to much to do. So he gave me a gift card and Josue and I went. It was fun eating dinner with him again just the two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment