September 6, 2012

summer days. still.

Okay. Well. Obviously I haven't posted on my blog in a long time. And am still behind. And am now farther behind and a lottt has happened that I would like to write about! So I'm going to try to start writing about past stuff and catch up (as I have been doing I think since March. Eeek.)

Sunday July 22 was a long time ago. But it was a great day in my life! After going to church Maria and I went to say hello to Sally Pinkstaff who was visiting with my mom and Dan at my grandparents house. She is so sweet. Then Maria and I took off to an adventurous trip to Lafayette.


We spent the day looking around Vons which is a unique, really cool shop in West Lafayette filled with so much it is overwhelming! After looking at books and clothes and purses, I purchased jewelry and somehow Maria ended up buying nothing. This isn't bad or anything, just surprising for Maria. I bought a silver chain necklace and some charms/pendants I planed on switching off and on the necklace. I bought a crescent moon that says i dream, an anchor, and a key. I also bought 2 beaded pearl rings similar to the one I have been wearing a while just in case something happens to it again like loosing it in the swimming pool, I have backups! Lastly, I purchased a ring that was with the claddagh rings, but didn't quite resemble them. I looked it up and believe it is considered a fede (meaning faith) ring and was before the claddagh rings. Later Maria ended up purchasing one when she went back to Vons with her friend Emma and we decided they are our sister rings since there are 2 of us and the ring consists of 2 hands holding each others hands.


Driving to Vons is basically just driving straight on the same road the whole way. Which is great. But there was a detour. I followed it correctly on the way there, but struggled as we tried to come home. I was going to back track until I got on it correctly, but miss Maria decided to navigate us using her phone. And oh dear what a trip that was. Sometimes she wouldn't tell me which direction it was that I was supposed to be turning, and a few times she wouldn't be sure if I was supposed to turn on a road until we had already passed it.



Then while driving we decided to stop at the Lindy Freeze which is usually on the straight road on the way home. Since we were coming from a different direction we had to back track and take  a few more country roads but we made it! Maria got a vanilla ice cream cone and I got a delicious strawberry shortcake yummy!



When returning to my dad's house we finished off our sister day by eating popcorn and watching She's the Man. It was perfect and we had so much fun!


Oh also some point during the day-I think before we watched She's The Man we made lists of what we expect/desire in our future husbands and then compared our lists and had fun talking about that.

Monday July 23 I spent my entire day with Jensen! From 7:30am-5:45pm. What fun! As I have stated in previous posts explaining him, I love him and love that babysitting him is a real job and I get paid for it. He is the best.

Tuesday July 24 I met Hannah at Steak'n'Shake for shakes then house sat with her again. This time I was just unsettled (?) and a little freaked out and anxious. The night consisted a lot of my heart beating fast from thinking I heard someone trying to break in (thankfully that was never actually what I was hearing) and texting Josue who stayed up the whole night with and for me and who helped to calm my nerves. The night also included an adventure of picking up Michael and running him to Taco Bell.

Wednesday night Josue came over and we hung out watching tv with my family for a while, though we were both tired from getting little sleep the previous night. It was so good to see him though because I felt like we hadn't hung out in a while/as frequently since my North Carolina vacation. Josue ended up going home earlier than expected and earlier than usual.

Before I got the chance to go to sleep two exciting things happened- 1) Brother Trent came over. 2) It started storming! It hadn't rained, let alone stormed, in ages in Crawfordsville. I ended up staying up and watching the storm for a while and hanging out with Michael and Trent which included a late night Taco Bell run with me driving in the storm so that I could hardly make out what was going on in front of me, and watching 27 Jump Street.


(Maggie comes inside and finds her spot on the couch during storms)

No comments:

Post a Comment