August 6, 2012

July 16-21

Monday July 16 was spent doing lots of laundry and packing then going to my dad's house for the next week and then some.

That night Sarah came over to hang out. We went to Walmart and bought chips, cheese dip, chocotacos, Dear John, and the best investment-mango passion fruit juice! Yummmy. We sat outside on the porch and ate our picnic. As I drank the juice Costa Rica all rushed back to me.

Tuesday July 17 I drove to Greencastle and did my cleaning job for Sue.


Then that night after Hannah got off work we went to house sit and dog watch for a family she knows. The house was so cute-it looked like something for a magazine. We brought clothes we no longer wanted or fit into then looked through each others piles since we are basically the exact same size. We also made friendship bracelets and read through a journal we used to write back and forth to each other in.





Wednesday July 18 I spent a little while at the pool with Hadley then went and babysat Jensen!


Thursday July 19 I also babysat Jensen and had so much fun! Like the following day, we spent time playing with tractors and cars and trucks like usual. But also painting with water color! And during his nap I got a few more thank you cards and a letter written. I felt very accomplished and like the time was well utilized.





That night for dinner Maria, Michael, my dad, and I went to Applebee's together. It was fun getting to eat dinner with all of us.

Then I spent the rest of the night hanging out with Morgan. It had been way too long since we had seen each other, especially to hang out. It was good getting to catch up on our summers and our lives! We went to my moms house and sat on the couch and talked, but we also sat with Michael and Trent for a little while watching youtube videos, before going outside to sit on the porch and talk more.

Friday July 20 my dad got his new car. Well it is new to him for now until his actual real car is ready. It is a ford Flex (the current new one) and I love it! We took it for a drive to Linden and both got ice cream cones at the Lindy Freeze. So good!



Then I spent the rest of the evening hanging out with Josue and telling him more about our North Carolina trip and I honestly can't even remember what else we did. Possibly watched more White Collar or another movie?

Saturday July 21 I woke up early and went to help at the Lord's Pantry with my dad. I made friends with a girl named Shirley. She was so sweet and it was fun getting to do tasks with her like separating the artichoke and bagging the cactus. I usually am just on my own the whole time.

When we got home I showered and got ready then met my mom at my grandparents house. We all rode together to the church downtown for the memorial service for Mae Pinkstaff. It was fun getting to see her daughters and grandkids who I have always known my whole life and been fond of, but at the same time rarely know and get to see them really. Some of Mae's favorite Bible passages were read by the pastor and many people talked about her. Her 3 daughters, some of her grandkids, a close friend, my grandma, a neighbor and friend, and my mom read a poem. It was so fun getting to hear about other stories and pieces of Mae's life that I had never heard before. Everyone glowed as they talked about her, such a beautiful, kind, loving, confident, fun, charisma filled woman who really enjoyed life and lived to the fullest all 97 years. There were also songs sang by the ladies of the church choir, a reflection by the preacher, and food to eat afterwards. As sad as it was, they were there more to celebrate Mae and her life rather than mourn her death. Many people said the memorial was like Mae in a way and that she would have been happy with it.

That evening I got ready and went to work for Bon Appetit. Because of the memorial service, I missed most of the step up. It was a wedding and I was there to help serve dinner and clean up afterwards. I love weddings and feeling like I was almost a part of it just by being there and involved with the guests. I wish the best for the couple and thought it was especially cute that each table number was a small booklet for guests at that table to write comments and thoughts and advice in for the couple to open on their anniversary that matched the table number. So they had something from their wedding to look forward to and cherish for almost the next 25 years.

That was a long day with lots of emotions. I don't think I could have packed more into one day- volunteering at a food pantry, a memorial of a dear soul, and catering a wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment