March 19, 2012

Catching up: March 3-10

I am way behind. Life continues to happen, but I haven't been blogging. So then I have stuff I want to write about, but more stuff occurs and I'm backed up even farther. So here we go. Going all the way back to Saturday March 3, 16 days ago.

Saturday March 3 I was at my dad's house. I really wanted to go with him to the Lord's Pantry, but I was so exhausted from sectionals the night before that I didn't think I could get up. So I slept in.

Then Sarah and I made plans for another Goodwill adventure. I ended up buying 4 pairs (+ another pair for Maria) of shorts from Target that still had all of the original tags on them. And since it was take-an-extra-fifty-percent-off-everything-day, they were only $2 each! I was so excited and am ready for Florida.


I also bought a VHS of the Princess Diaries. So when we got back to my dad's, we convinced him to make us his famous popcorn and watched The Princess Diaries. On VHS. What a great day.


At 5:30 we went back to my mom's house. Her friend Merry who moved away to Virginia, was back in town for the wedding shower of her soon-to-be-daughter-in-law. So Saturday a lot of my mom and Merry's friends were at our house to see her. The Vanderkolks were also here. Including Gracie! Maggie had sooo much fun playing with her. Jacqueline and I sat on the cold screened in porch watching them play for hours.



Sunday March 4 was Michael's birthday! Yay! He is now 21! We got up and went to church and Jacqueline came with because she spent the night. Then we hung out with the Vanderkolks for most of the afternoon.

After they left, Josue came over. We had kind of been fighting and thought it'd be best to talk about everything in person. It was really hard. I made the decision that maybe it would be best if we weren't together anymore.

After he left, I had to put it behind me. Michael was celebrating his 21st birthday with us and I couldn't put a damper on it. We went to Boulder Creek in Brownsburg for dinner. Then when we got home he went out with his friends.

Monday March 5 the unthinkable happened. I thought I would never have to put up the gymnastics floor again. And that's just what I spent my evening doing. We had to put it back up so Ally could practice for regionals, a very excited reason. But it didn't make the process any better.

Well all of Sunday night and Monday I was miserable. I just didn't know how to cope without Josue. I guess I didn't realize how important the friendship we had was to me, and really how much he was a part of my life. My mom was my rock and helped me so much. She laid down with me both nights and talked to me a lot about it. And when I told them, my brother, and Aunt Chel, and friends helped too. So Tuesday after talking about it with my mom, I asked if he was willing to come back over and talk about things.

I'd been waiting all day during school and waited the rest of the evening. While I was waiting, my dearest friend Sarah came over. And hung out with me and the fam and even brought me my favorite candy.

Then he came over. And we talked about everything. A lot more than we actually had on Sunday. We found things to work on and to change because being together was worth more than those things. It was such a happy relief for both of us that we got back together.

Wednesday March 7 we JD and I's first day at rotarty. It's a service organization and each month 2 high schoolers from all 3 high schools in the county are invited to go eat lunch with them and attend their meeting. We dressed up and listened to someone speak about Crawfordsville'e economic future. Then we went to Dari-Licious for ice cream before going back to econ class.

After school, it was just such a nice day and we were both so happy by the way things worked out, so Josue came over and hung out and played with Maggie and I.
 



Thursday March 8 I came home from school and napped a little, then went to Sami's house with the rest of the team to make a poster for Ally. Then we went to the high school to put the floor away. Luckily, Sami and I got out of part of it because we had to paint our senior boards! Though it was exciting, it was sad knowing that gymnastics is really done.



Friday March 9 was regionals day! Again, they let me get a little nap in. Then we went to Sami's. We put on our "Ally is flippin awesome. I'm just sayin" shirts that we had made and rode together to Lafayette Jeff. She was so surprised at our shirts and we were so happy to be there supporting her! She ended up not making it through to state, but that's okay because even just getting to regionals is a big deal! And there were lots of really, really good girls there.

Afterwards, we stopped to eat at OCharleys for dinner. Then we spent the night at Sami's. We had big plans for the night like getting in the hot tub and staying up late and having girl talk when the freshmen went to bed. But we were all so worn out, we just went to sleep.

Saturday March 10, I woke up from Sami's and left early. My mom and I went shopping together! We dropped a few clothes off at Plato's Closet and did quick shopping. I bought new jeans, which is mostly what I gave away and needed new ones, and two pairs of shorts. My mom also bought a new outfit.

We got home in the afternoon and Sarah came over. We watched How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days which she had never seen before/napped/I did laundry.

The rest of the evening was spent at Little Mexico with my dad, then babysitting for Noah our neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment