March 20, 2012

March 11-18

I hate having to blog in big chunks about lots of days. I like to blog about one or two days at a time and use lots of pictures and be able to write exactly what happened and the way it made me feel. I'm hoping that after this other week I have to catch up on, I will start blogging more consistently like I did back in the summer. Maybe it will happen.

Also I don't like it because the time gets all messed up. Normally when you read blogs, its most recent at the top and becomes days that were farther away the more you read. But when I write about lots of days, I write about what happened a while ago and eventually get to the most recent day at the end of the post. Then things just get all seperated. But that's okay. It's still blogging. And it's still something I love.

Sunday March 11 my dad, sister, and I got up for 9:30am mass. After mass, when they were doing the many anouncements, I was awarded the Knight of Columbus Scholarship that I had applied for a month ago! I'm so thankful for recieving it. Not only for the money that will help go towards college, but the honor of being the chosen female recepient. St. Bernard's was the church I was baptised in and have been to ever since. So many of the people that go there have helped me and shaped me throughout my lifetime.

After church I took a nice nap. While my dad so nicely cleaned out, and worked on my car for me. A double win.

Then Hilary and her family picked me up to go see our high school's Footloose. Everyone did such a good job! And it was actually really funny.

Then, I went to Josue's house and watched the movie we were supposed to watch Saturday before I took the babysitting job instead, and went back to my mom's house for the night.

Monday March 12 my morning wasn't going my way. I was running late and didn't have my essay finished that was already a week late anyways and when I was about to get in my car, I spilled my juice all over my pants. So I had to run back inside and change and was even later. But then when I got to the cancer center for clinicals, everything turned around. Both of the therapists were so nice, but Frank especially. He was so awake and full of positive energy and enthusiam that morning.
After school my mom and I went to the park and rec center for an excercise class. It felt so good to workout and it was kind of funny. I mean it actually wasn't. But I was laughing.

Then Josue came over and we walked Maggie who was happy and excited to be walked.
Tuesday March 13 I worked after school. It was just me and Candie and we got done an hour earlier than I was scheduled for which was nice to get home early.




Wednesday March 14 I went back to the cancer center for my last clinical rotation! I have loved it sooo much. I love seeing and hearing all of the medical, real-life situations. I love the friendly workers and the patients who are full of gratitude. I love that it worked on my people skills and forced me to introduce myself and to ask questions and to be involved and come out of my shy shell. I love when I'd see employees I had shadowed another day and they smiled or waved or said hello even though I wasn't with them on that day.

Then JD and I were all dressed up during the day and went to rotary again. This time was better. The speaker, a soilder who had served in Iraq, captured my interest more. Also Julie Hess sat beside me! And I saw and talked to my preschool teacher!




It was Dan's birthday all day long and we celebrated when he got home from work. The Country Club was closed so we had steak dinner at our house. It was fun getting to eat with the whole family-including Michael and Lexie and Josue. It was also really funny that we used the birthday cake from Michael's birthday and that we didn't have the right number candles, so instead 35 ended up being stuck on top of the already cut cake. Then we watched Jeopardy and Modern Family together.




Thursday March 15 we started CPR training in Heatlh Careers. It was a lot harder than I ever expected it to be- the chest compressions. Not only do you have to press really hard, but you have to do a lot. About 100 per minute. Wow.



With it being so nice outside, we have started taking advantage of the lunch tables outside. I love it. I love sitting at a square table and being able to talk to everyone rather than a long rectangluar set up and I mostly love being outside and feeling the warm sunshine and fresh air.




Then Thursday night I went to work. We served in Deutcheon to some of the honors scholars that are seniors and have been admitted to Wabash. I love all of the people I work with- Marianne and Quinn and Alicia were all so fun. I also saw Hamilton who said hi to me! From OLAB. Not to mention I got my new nickname of Mighty Mouse.

Friday was our dress-up-look-nice-for-our-class-picture-day in Health Careers as well as continuing CPR learning about infants and children. I love this class and all of the students in it.











Then at school we spent seventh period setting up for the Spring Fling that night. It was kind of fun testing the music and the black lights.




I couldn't go to the spring fling however, because I had to work. Then after work Josue came over. We talked to my parents a while then watched The Help. But I fell asleep almost right away.


Saturday I woke up and went to work. Like Friday, it was a meal in Chadwick-the basketball court- for the honors scholars weekend.


Then I took a nap and woke up in time for a family shopping trip. Lindsay and Sarah also joined us. It was so much fun shopping with Sarah. Half of the stuff I ended up purchasing was due to her convincing and saying "ya buy it! Just buy it!" I bought three pairs of sandals and a vneck and leggings and underwear and a swimsuit top.



Afterwards we went to Texas Roadhouse. We were all so worn out from shopping and so hungry from waiting until 9pm to eat dinner that we were very slap happy.







Sunday March 18 I woke up and went to church with my family. Farther Dennis, who was psyched about IU's basketball team, talked about the misconception people have of "God punishing me." Also a really cute couple was celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary. He asked them to share marriage advice. She said "you just have to love and love each other and have religion too" and he said "listen and obey."


After church I did a lot of spring cleaning and laundry (including my sheets to my bed even!) and had my windows open and fresh air flowing.


Then Josue came over and helped me make apple crisp for the gymnastics banquet which he came to with my family.






I am so thankful for gymnastics and for the coaches and for the team. This was one of our best seasons yet. Not only did everyone letter and get a medal for breaking the school's record for the team score at 92.5ish, but all of the individual event scores and all around score for the school records were broken as well. Besides just being successful, we are truly a family. Full of love and laughter and encouragment and sometimes frustration and tears. I love them all so dearly.






Afterwards, we hung out and watched Untold Stories of the ER which was crazy and sat outside under the magnolia tree with Maggie and took pictures since we were both dressed up. Props to my mom and "Tulip" for the lovely photography. Which I will upload later when I have the energy to fight my computer who wants to rotate them the wrong way when I upload them.

No comments:

Post a Comment