March 13, 2012

Gymnastics sectionals

Friday March 2 our team got passes to leave at 1:15. When we went to the office we were each given a yellow rose, which we later discovered were from Ally’s mom. Then we got changed from our skirts and dresses into our warm up leos and sweats. I loved that we all dressed up and made sectionals into the big deal it is.


We drove our mini bus to Arby’s for lunch. I was sad I couldn’t get the usual small roast beef sandwich, curly fries, and my cherry turnover. This was because it was a Friday during lent, so instead I settled for mozzarella sticks. Of all our many bus rides, I believe this was the first time I didn’t sleep on the way there. I was so hyped up, not to mention I usually don’t nap until after 3:30 anyways. Marka even had surprises for us! She bought us each crayons and coloring books, something Sami used to always do at meets when she went to Fusion to calm her nerves. She also had bags of mints and yellow daisies for us. 



We were the first team there besides Lafayette Jeff and staked out our corner. We hung out here and colored and ate orange slices when we weren’t warming up or competing. After very exact, controlled warm ups- we changed into our competitions leos, lined up, and got ready to walk out. I loved that we had beautiful flowers to hold as we walked out on the floor. Marka said she specifically bought daisies for me, because they are a happy flower and she wanted me to be in my happy place. A few weeks ago I started this talk about how I do better with positive encouragement and happy energy. I think whether people realize it or not, it is true for most people.


The meet itself went fairly well. I competed on floor and bars and was happy with my performances. Not necessarily my scores, but with my skill level I can’t compete with the girls at the top. And I accept that and am okay with it. Finally the meet was over and the scores were compared. The top six individuals for each event qualify for regionals as do the top three teams. And guess what!!  Ally made it! She placed sixth on floor with an 8.4! We were all so excited for her.

After it was over, we went as a team to Texas Roadhouse. The twins sat with Marka and Kim and I sat with Ally, Sami, and Graysen. It was fun celebrating Ally’s floor and being done with gymnastics. 



Then when I finally got home from such a long day, Brother Trent was at my house! Maria and I were only at my mom’s long enough to grab some clothes before going to my dads. But I was so happy that he was there and we got to say hi to him! I miss him hanging around all the time like he does in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment