January 21, 2013

Finishing summer 2012

After my Chicago trip I had from August 6 to August 21 before moving to SLU.

I went to a SLU send-off in Zionsville with my parents August 7. It was held at a house and we met other students that would be attending SLU and their parents. It was a little awkward that everyone else lived less than 15 minutes away and all knew of mutual people and each others' schools, then there was me from Crawfordsville. But that's okay.

August 9 I made a trip to Lafayette to Robyn's Nest to get my hair trimmed and the bottom layer permed by the very best hairdresser ever, Robyn! I have had some pretty bad hair the past year or so, because she moved and I really didn't like going to anyone else. Not only is she really great at cutting and then styling my hair, but she is also super sweet and I love talking to her and updating her on my life. She is very positive and a great role model.
According to my calendar/planner I didn't do anything else too exciting or out of the ordinary. I spent this time with friends-Hilary, Alex, Sarah, Jacqueline, Sandy, and Josue.

I shared (and made) meals with my mom and Dan on the porch and with my Dad at Texas Roadhouse.
I spent lots of time with my Maggie girl, as I knew I would miss her in my daily life when I moved to Saint Louis. Sometimes it even included napping! Which is super rare for her, but I think she just gets so hot and blehh in the summer. Also a lot of it was inside, which is also a rarity for her.
A few days I took my usual spot at my grandparents' pool. However one day I was joined by my Grandma!! I'm not even kidding. She said she'd basically been cold since this winter and figured if I was laying in the sun she could too. By the time we went inside she told me she probably hadn't been that warm in about 50 years. What a time!
I also babysat Jensen a few more times :) and was amazed by the little man he truly is.
A few days Sarah and I ventured around Crawfordsville and had a few senior-pictures photo shoots. I loved capturing pictures of one of my best friends and all the joy that radiates from her smile. I felt like a real photographer (probably the hat sealed it) and was thankful she and her parents loved the photos.
As always, I love summer. It is a grand time full of family, friends, and lots of sunshine! My curls are extra bouncy, my toenails always freshly painted, my skin warm and brown from being sun-kissed, a smile on my face and laughter in my belly, singing along to songs with the windows down, lots of ice cream!, sleeping in and naps to make up for late nights, running and exercising in the fresh air, and vacations that I'll relive over and over again as I play the memories in my head. It never fails to fly by and seem way too short. I was pretty sad to say goodbye to this summer especially and basically life as I knew it. I was anxious about the life I knew so little about that laid ahead of me at SLU.

No comments:

Post a Comment