January 31, 2013

"I can change the world. With my own two hands. Make it a better place. With my own two hands. Make it a kinder place. With my own two hands. With my own. With my own two hands."


I have just been really fond of my hands. 

Sometimes I am embarrassed of their cold, purple, clamminess. 
But lately I am feeling their inspiration and letting it work through themselves. 

Their pink polished nails. And the rings: a simple pearl-beaded ring, and the other comprised of two silver hands holding themselves (my sister ring). 
Sometimes embellished with fun bracelets and thin hair ties. 
While my mind and my heart are the thinkers and motivators, 

it is my hands. My hands are the doers and the creators and the executers. 

I love to watch them work, to write the words flowing from within.

They type swiftly, dancing across the teal keys on my mac.
And hold the pens and pencils to produce my delicate, articulate handwriting in colorful ink or soft lead. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I just bought a ring like yours with the hands. Know anything about it? Mine is two piece, and has delicate scrolling on the outside of each band

    ReplyDelete