January 29, 2013

"When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow.” -Shauna Niequist

For a while now all of my posts have been covering past events, trying to catch up. I am making progress and will get there. But I want to take one post to write about today.

Today is Monday January 28, the perfect Monday. I want to celebrate today and reflect on each part that made it an especially happy and blessed day!

I woke up at the perfect time this morning. Not that 6:56am is ever a fun time to wake up at, but something was just right. Whether I awoke from the perfect timing in my sleep cycle or just got enough sleep, I woke up ready to go for the day. I was sleepy and wanted to stay cuddled up in my bunk, but I wasn't tired-eyed or groggy.

Sarah and I walked to the med campus, but this morning we didn't need to bundle up. I wore yoga capri pants, a tshirt, and jacket. I was prepared and equipped with my umbrella, but happy I never had to use it. I talked to my Grandpa the day before and he told me it wasn't going to rain, I should've trusted him rather than the forecast on my phone!
Abnormal psychology was pretty good, I think there was only one slide that I didn't get completely written down before she flipped to the next one. We take a lot of notes in that class and at a very quick pace. I don't think one notebook will hold them all by the end of the semester.

Class ended a few minutes early, then Sarah and I headed to our usual spot at Crave. Crave is a church that serves as a coffee shop during the week and is located on the med campus. Sarah and I sit there every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday between psych and chemistry. Our chem professor is also a regular during these hours. I love the warm inviting colors, smell of coffee, soft music, abundance of power outlets, and friendly interactions that occur here. Today I worked on typing my psych notes. I finished chapter one with about ten minutes to spare. I spent the rest of class writing a blog post for/and about Valentine's Day that has been dwelling in my mind lately. It was so much fun, I wasn't ready to pack up and go to chemistry. However, something happened and it didn't save. I was so upset and frustrated.
[I was just telling Josue last night that I wish I had a way to write down everything I think. Like as a supernatural power, because I am always writing in my mind- writing blog entries, and letters to people. However, it can be difficult to find time to write or type them out.]

During chemistry today we worked on problems from chapter 14. I like his method of teaching. Even though it gives us more out of class work, I think I am learning better this way. However, today I was guilty of paying less attention to class than I did to my phone. I wrote down the problems, but in between I was retyping what I had just written while sitting at Crave. Hopefully I didn't forget anything as I wrote it for the second time.

After chem I took the shuttle back to the main campus with Maggie. She went to take her Spanish make-up quiz, and I went to Terra Ve. I was a little surprised by the menu, but pleasantly. They were serving breakfast for lunch which included biscuits and gravy or oatmeal or crepes or a yogurt bar. I went for the yogurt bar and was so excited to indulge in the fresh berries! Not long after I sat down, Maggie joined me. She was also happy about the menu!
We finished our yummy lunch and went to the gym for a yoga class at noon. I was so excited to find that this class fit to perfectly into our schedule. It was so nice to take a break from sitting in desks and lecture halls and stretch our bodies and relax.
Once yoga ended we walked back to Reinert I crawled right into my inviting bed and took a short and sweet nap, about 45 minutes. I also seemed to awake from that at a good time.
Then I took a shower, and attempted to blow dry and curl my hair (which didn't go so great really). And I opened our curtains and the window to let the fresh, warm air in! I loved breathing in the sunshine and welcomed the 68 degree weather.
After Maggie awoke and showered, we ventured to Starbucks, to drink coffee, and chat, and do homework/work on my blog. I loved feeling my free feet (with recently painted pink toenails), happily inside my favorite pair of sandals that had been tossed aside for the winter!
We took a pit stop back at Reinert, then headed to the Busch (the BSC. the Busch student center). Here Maggie and I ate soup for dinner from ABP and I continued to work on my September blog post until 7pm.
I quickly dropped two cards in the mail to be sent on their way to my dear friends before heading upstairs to the main floor of the Busch. Oh and earlier today Josue conveyed his excitement and happiness to me of coming home from school and receiving the card I sent to him last Thursday! Yay! I love the act of sending and receiving handwritten letters and am going to try to be better about it this semester.
Maggie and I walked to the APO office for the first rush event of this week. APO is a service fraternity on campus that many of my friends are looking into joining. I figured it would be a good idea to get involved as well! I was excited that tonight combined two things I had recently been thinking about/loving- writing cards and Valentine's Day! About 8 of us joined 2 present members of APO to make Valentine's Day cards for kids in the hospital (I think Cardinal Glennon). It was fun making the cards and getting to know a few more SLU students. I was also successful in not sitting on any of Maggie's cards with wet glitter glue that kept ending up on the cushion of the couch I was sitting on.
The rest of the evening I spent hanging out with friends in Danny & Evan's room while finishing up my September blog post which I am pretty proud of, and feel accomplished by. It took a lot of patience especially to wait for the pictures to upload.

I am thankful for a great day filled with lots of good experiences with awesome people and am now ready to go to sleep so that I am refreshed for what lays ahead tomorrow, including homework that I didn't do any of today! But that's okay. Because I did a lot this weekend, and because as I am focused on catching up with Maddy Moments, I am remembering how important blogging is to me and how much I love to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment