December 7, 2013

let the good times roll// everybody throw your cares away// let the good times roll// leave your worry for another day

October second was Josue's birthday, and a loving and fun-filled day for myself as well!

After my classes finished, my dad came!! He picked me up and we went to our favorite spot for dinner, The Hill. We never know which restaurant to choose so we just end up driving around for a while then making our decision pretty much based off of nothing. The time the Italian bakery caught his eye and he decided we should stop there first while they are still open. He got two boxes full of cookies that he picked out. He kept one and I brought the other back for Maggie and I to share. We asked the bakery workers for their recommendation of where to eat and they all agreed that Favazza's was the place to go. I got my usual tortellini and my dad got pasta as well. It was really good and we got there early, before it was too crowded.
After dinner my dad came back to the apartment with me. I changed my outfit while he fixed some of our closet doors that wouldn't shut. Then he drove Maggie and I to The Pageant on the Delmar Loop for our concert! It was finally time for the Ben Rector concert that I convinced Maggie to go to just a month before.

We stood in about the second row, right near the stage. First Tyrone Wells opened. He was so great! His voice was really good and I like the lyrics to his songs too.
Then Ben Rector came on stage. His band had so much energy and I loved the lights they used. I loved when he danced and encouraged us to do the same and pretend like it was a weekend even though it was a Wednesday. It was awesome being able to sing along with every song that he played and just so much fun!! It was by far my favorite concert I've attended, somehow even better than Jack Johnson or Matt Costa which is saying a lot.
I also thought it was awesome that both Tyrone Wells and Ben Rector talked about organizations they had partnered, one to help stop social injustices and the other to build wells for clean water. Proceeds for the merchandise sold at the show would go towards these organizations.

After the concert we were ushered into a small room. Maggie and I both bought Tyrone Wells shirts that we wore the following day and got an autograph from him as well as a picture with him. He was so sincere and sweet.
My phone had died during the concert so we were counting on Maggie's phone for directions to the metro since we weren't completely sure where it was because my dad ended up being able to drop us off. However, her battery was also drained from taking pictures and videos during the concert and her phone shut off too. We asked one of The Pageant workers but he wasn't really sure. Then Maggie saw a girl she knew from SLU so we headed in that same direction as that girl and her friends. When they got into a car in the parking lot we felt stuck again so turned around and asked the couple walking behind us. They told us just keep walking straight and it was at the end of the parking lot. They said yes it looks kind of dark but we will see the lights and the track down there once we get closer. As Maggie and I continued to walk that way, the couple who had gotten in their car drove up near us. They asked where we were going and we said SLU. They admitted that they were strangers but that they were driving that direction anyways and could take us there. Maggie was hesitant but I convinced her to just go ahead and do it, my gut instinct about them felt better than it did about taking the metro. Thankfully I was right. The young couple was so sweet. They told us that they were just conceded because this metro stop wasn't in the best location and since it was late the metro doesn't run as frequently so we might have had to wait in there for a while. They asked us if we enjoyed the concert and said they had seen Ben Rector play once before but he was really sick and this concert blew that one away. They also asked about our majors and organizations we were involved in on campus. At one point they asked us about our favorite places in Saint Louis and Maggie mentioned the City Museum. The girl turned to the guy driving and said we haven't be there in a while. He thought for a minute and said, "ya since our date there in the first two weeks we were dating, wow that was 4 year ago now. We really haven't been in a while."It was so cute! I also couldn't help but notice the ring on his left hand on the steering wheel.

Maggie and I were so so thankful for the sincere generosity of the sweet couple. Our hearts were so happy that everything worked out and that we had just listened to such a great concert. When we got back to SLU it was almost midnight, but we were just not tired! Instead of going to bed we kept talking about the concert and listening to Ben Rector songs!

No comments:

Post a Comment