November 14, 2011

blogging is my own therapy. in a sense.

There are just so many things running through my mind right now. I need to get them all down somewhere so that I can clear my mind a little and get some sleep.

I just don't even know where to start. Just so many things.

Well. After school I went to the youth room-which is the basement of the rectory. Amy was there and Elizabeth and Jose and Angel. We sorted yellow t-shirts and cow hats for all of the kids attending NCYC from our diocese. And that is quite a few. Even our little parish has 20 some kids. Kind of stressful making sure we had the right numbers.



Then the sky got really gray and the clouds were zooming across the sky. The Davidson's were very worried and made it down the stairs to the basement to take shelter- even with their walking canes and old bones! But Elizabeth and I decided we could face it and ran up to drive home. I made it home no problem. There was no tornado, just a watch. And some rain. And maybe hail?

After dinner I drove to Wal-mart where I met Elizabeth and Tori. We were shopping for snacks and trading items for NCYC. They got a lot accomplished, but I was more in it for the fun.



While we were there I got one of the best phone calls possibly that I have ever received! My admission counselor from SLU called to tell me he had reviewed my application and I have been accepted and even qualify for a scholarship. I just really loved it there. And it's really cute that they call!-minus that I'm one of those people who dislikes opening presents in front of people because I don't have an outward reaction and expression really-so it was kind of hard to express all of the joy and excitement I felt within when he told me the news. I have basically been thinking about it non-stop since!

I have also been thinking about physical therapy as a possible major/profession. I would still be in the health field, but I wouldn't have to deal with the blood or guts or anything. And I wouldn't have to deal with death, or doing something wrong that could lead to death or worsening a patient. And I wouldn't have to see people who were struggling and very sickly. Plus I would most likely have more of a regular, consistent schedule without emergency calls that would allow me to have a family eventually. I talked to the man who called me tonight from SLU about it-not about all of this, just about the possibility of changing from undecided to physical therapy and he said to be sure to e-mail him right away if I did. So I went home and did just that.

College is just so overwhelming. To try to decide which one to go to. (Although so far I've only been accepted to SLU and Hanover). And the money is overwhelming too. And all of the different scholarships and the different requirements and deadlines and everything. Wow. Just so much.

And today is Monday! Which means Gossip Girl. The show is just so addicting. I love it! And I have been thinking about what we talked about at Life Teen- and while yes the show does have some different values than the ones I hold myself. But I am justifying it by 1) I'm not looking towards it for guidance. Just entertainment. I am mature enough to separate entertainment from influencing my lifestyle and choices. But 2) I feel like between psych and personality tests and college and thinking about majors I have taken a lot of personality tests and been guided a lot to see what peeks my interest. This show particularly captures my interest because of the plot. I love watching the relationships between people as they are formed and carry on. I also love trying to make connections before they are revealed and try to figure out what could happen next.

Speaking of NCYC. We leave Wednesday after school and get home Saturday at like 1am. And I am stressing a little. I just like things to be laid out exactly and all of the little details and kinks worked out. -For example the extensive planning and organizing I did when I took my senior pictures. I wish it was laid out on paper exactly what to bring and what we were doing and who I was rooming with and just all of that. But I will just have to breath and go with the flow.

More on the personality thing and finding out things about myself- am flexible as I can be, I love when things are as organized as possible. I love schedules that fit exactly to a T (as I think about it, I remember trying to plan my birthday parties down to every minute when I was younger). I probably do best when I know what to do and where to go and what to expect.

Maybe this partically ties into some of my frustration with English. She never hands out written assignments or prompts. And never ever do we get rubrics or expectations. So then when we get graded harshly it seems to me a little unfair because I don't know how to know what she wants from each project. And when she doesn't write any comments or leave any markings besides the grade I never know what I did wrong to deserve the grade-so I don't know how to improve on my weakness and improve my grade on the next paper. But I just need to let it go.

As you can see my mind is racing faster than I can handle. But I will try to do some deep breathes. And know that tomorrow I will have 1 and 2 periods as a study hall and can do my homework then. And that it was worth it to put it off until then because I got to spend this part of my evening blogging and letting it all out.

Also another frustration about NCYC is missing Thursday and Friday and not knowing my assignments or what I need to make up from every class yet. But I will get there. And things will be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment