November 1, 2011

I am so thankful for everyone in my life. No matter how big or small of role they play.

Tonight I have a lot of thoughts:

1) The song: You Love Me Anyway by Sidewalk Prophet

It took more than my strength
To simply be still
To seek but never find
All the reasons we change
The reasons I doubt
And why do loved ones have to die?But You love me anyway
It’s like nothing in life that I’ve ever known
Yes You love me anyway
Oh Lord, how You love me
Obviously I first think of my Grandma Demeter. But also of my Grandpa Demeter and brother Matthew. And Aunt Madeline. And Lucious Newsome. Also of Liz Logelin.

2) Who is Liz Logelin? The mother from the memoir I am currently reading called: Two Kisses for Maddy. Tonight I made it through the saddest chapter, barely. Even with it's sadness, it is beautiful and lovely and precious and courageous and I advise anyone to read it.

3) Tonight was our second open gym for gymnastics. And tonight I got my back handsprings!! All by myself!! I'm so excited. Also I love my coaches and teammates and leos and everything about the sport.

4) If I could drop any class, it would still by English honors. I just lucky to have Josue to walk with after and before that class and Hilary to sit besides during it.

Now working backwards.

1) Monday October 31. Halloween. Aunt Wendy's birthday:
             -After school Hannah and I received our soccer senior presents from the team. They are large blankets printed with pictures of Hannah and I throughout our CHS soccer career. I love them. The idea was just so creative and exciting. Last night I slept under it.
              -I sat on the front porch with my mom and with Dan and helped pass out candy to trick or treaters. I realized how much I really love little kids and how adorable they are. I loved the little ones in their cute costumes and with such polite manners. We laughed a lot when my mom told a little girl that she had a beautiful costume and she responded to us with, "Well. I think you are beautiful! All three of you!" Then she ran down our sidewalk to her mom and smiled as she told her mom that she just didn't know what to say. I was also really happy to be visited by my friend's little sister. Her name is Jessica. They pulled up in a car and she and another girl got out and ran to us. Then back to the car. We weren't sure who it was, but noticed that they were clearly specifically coming to our house. Then Jess ran back and said "It's me! Jessica!" and she gave me a big hug.

2) Sunday. October 30. My mom's birthday!
             -It was my mom's birthday. And I just love her so much.
             -At 12pm I had an interview to be a babysitter. I was worried about being shy and not knowing the family. But right when the mom, Emily, opened the door and welcomed me in I fell in love with their family. Jensson, the two year old whom I will hopefully be babysitting was adorable. He was so content and happy and really smart-he knew his colors, letters, shapes, and some words when they were written out on paper. I wanted to stay and play with him all day. I could tell his mom is a great mother. She told me about how she doesn't even know what channel Disney is on because he doesn't ever watch tv. Not because she is opposed to it, but because they are always busy playing. She loves him and obviously wants what's best for him. His grandma has been his only babysitter, and it is a good idea to have someone come to the house and meet them before trusting them to watch your kid. His dad, Nate is also really sweet and involved. Such a cute, happy family. I really hope things work out to where I can babysit for them. Oh and not to mention they have a gorgeous dog named Max that is part yellow lab and part mastiff.
           -We went to 5pm mass and Josue joined us. I was so happy and proud of him. I could not imagine just jumping in and going to church. But he did it. And was great. Having gone almost every week since I was born, it didn't even occur to me to explain things we did beforehand or to have things for him to follow along with. But he seemed to handle it well. I hope that he at least got something from it.

3) Saturday. October 29.
           -I'm not sure how he did it, but Saturday morning my dad managed to wake me up in time to leave for Indy at 8am. I hadn't been to The Lord's Pantry once this school year, and I was really excited to be back. There were so many good things, besides the good that I get from it every time. For example: usually I am quiet and glued to my dad's side. But when we were standing in line waiting to help carry bags, the kid in front of me turned and asked about my Xavier shirt-if that's where I went to school. I explained that I'd applied and was hoping to maybe go there. He told me he is a junior but that he is interested in Xavier too. And Marquette. Towards the end, we talked again. About how long we'd been coming here and if we would be there next Saturday and what each others names were. His is Daniel. He also noticed that I was the girl in the pictures hanging up above the big freezer. I was shocked that anyone would made the connection and slightly embarrassed because that was when I wore a big retainer/appliance in my mouth. I was joyed with his friendliness, because I would never have been able to start a conversation on my own. As much as I love people, I am shy and it's easier if I'm approached first. I also liked when the guy who assigned people to help carry bags and helped pass out bags remembered me. He even remembered my name-although at the moment I forget his. And we talked about college. He told me that Dayton was where he went-which is one of the school's I have applied too. He also assured me not to worry that I'm not sure what I want to do yet because I still have a lot of time to decide and time to change my mind. Also-I'm always proud that my dad is the one to give the pre-talk now. But my heart ached for him as he got to the part about parents and having the best parents in the world and giving us a sure way to get out of debt with them the next time we see them. But for him, I realize it will be some time.
             -For my mom's birthday, Saturday night my house was full of people. Dan's parents and aunt, my grandparents, Michael & Lexie, Sarah, and later Josue and Maria. I love the liveliness of this group and the different lives and time periods we have all lived through. I love the optimism and love and encouragement and laughter that come from conversations with each of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment