November 9, 2011

Moments I want to remember

This is catching up stuff. That needs to be blogged about, and had needed to for a while. And I finally have some pictures I can add! YAY. well some.

Last week, I'm pretty sure on Thursday, Laci and I were walking from psychology to lunch. We were the only ones in the hallway. Then Mrs. Stonebraker came along. We both had here last year for Integrated Health. I loved that class and I loved her, but I hadn't talked to her since last year. She said hi to us then we stopped in the middle of the hallway and she put her arm around me. I figured it was just going to be a hug, something I really didn't expect. But I didn't expect this to happen either: she said, "about a month ago you were driving behind me." My mind started to race about what I could have done wrong that she was upset about-maybe I got too close to her car or my music was too loud. Then she said she kept looking back at me and tears were just pouring from my face. She said it broke her heart and she wanted to turn around and talk to me. But she called another science teacher, Mrs. Ricke, to see if she knew anything. I don't know why, but as I stood in the hallway with her arm around me I started to tear up. Maybe it was because of the flash back to that drive home and remembering pulling out behind someone from CHS with blond hair that kept looking at me. Or maybe because of the fact that I still can't believe my Grandma died and every time I talk about it, it becomes more of a reality and less of a bad nightmare. It could also have likely been because of the respect and admiration I had for Mrs. Stonebraker and to see her care about me. She told me I didn't have to tell her what was wrong, and honestly I couldn't. I told Laci she could tell her and Laci said that my Grandma passed away. Mrs. Stonebraker hugged me and said that she suspected it must have been something like that because nothing else would cause the emotion I was showing in my car that day. As we turned to walk away Laci mentioned that it was on my birthday and Mrs. Stonebraker said that she was so sorry, but to know I'll always remember her-and when I do to think of the good memories.

Friday in my Health Careers class is my favorite day of the week-no matter what we are learning about. We went to Even Start, the developmental preschool. When Laci and I sat down, the girl beside me wouldn't talk. She just ate her breakfast and smiled at me. Then she went to speech and Laci and I went to a classroom with some of the kids we were sitting at. I played play dough and did a puzzle with Wilie who needed to work on using her inside voice. I wiped Taty's nose when she sneezed and snot dripped down her face. I laughed at Jose Miguel's giggle as he'd run and hide. I broke up fights that Katlin got into and held two different kids that got pushed down and cried two different times. Addison and Elijah. Each of them cried and clung to me, holding on until they stopped. It broke my heart, but I loved being their comfort. Then there was Serenity. The girl who I sat down next to at breakfast. When she came back from speech, she no longer shy and talked to me a lot. She had the sweetest smile and dimples. I watched as she painted, wishing I had that in my classroom. Then I helped her wash her red, messy hands.


Saturday morning my mom, Dan, and I dropped Maria off at work. Then we went to my Grandparents' house who told us the food we needed to eat and the last minute chores that were unable to finish. We brought their bags and climbed in the van. We stopped for them to say goodbye to Maria at work, then headed to the airport. I will really miss having them around, but I know that they probably do better in warm Florida. I can't wait until April when we get to visit them, and then May when they return home.

Sunday at the 5pm mass Joe Sadowski did a walk through mass. Before things would happen, he gave a brief background and description of what was happening and why. It was a lot to take in, and made mass go really slow. But I did really enjoy it. I love the traditions of the Catholic church. (and just traditions in general). I liked that he explained Jesus chose to use bread and wine. The bread is universal and found in every culture. It was also fairly simple and inexpensive. Another important aspect of it is that bread if fulfilling and sustains you. Choosing alcohol was no coincidence. Joe explained that yes, drinking it makes us happier and act different. This was the point. Once you drink the wine (blood) and are filled with Jesus you should be changed and feel more lively.

After mass, I went to lifeteencville tshirts.

For English for Monday our assignment was to come up with a riddle of a common object. Here is mine:
I can be found in all 50 states
Even Crawfordsville has well over 10 of me
Often times when people claim I'm broken, I still work
In fact, I work overtime but do not get paid for it
Some people like to listen to me
I can lay down a beat better than any music on the radio
I am made up of 4 sections
My team colors are blue and red
I have a life time warranty
But my size and how long I last usually varies

What am I?

In class on Monday our teacher read them out loud and we had to write down our guesses on a piece of paper. Out of all of those smart and intelligent people in my class guess who got the most correct! I did! I really love riddles and problem solving when given clues.

Monday instead of taking my after school nap, I was very productive. I cleaned my room and decluttered and found stuff to throw away!





My mom went to a meeting Monday night and we weren't quite sure what to do with ourselves. So Dan and I sat on the couch and played Family Fued on our phones for an hour and a half. We both love it. It just is so much fun trying to think of the answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment