July 24, 2012

high school graduation

Life has been lovely lately. And I just want to write all about our North Carolina Vacation. But at the same time I don't want things to get out of order. So I'm going to try to tackle the month of June.

Saturday June 2 was my open house. We spent the day before and the morning of getting everything set out and ready. It was fun to decorate with the food, art pieces I have created, my senior years, scrapbooks on tables, senior poster boards from soccer and gymnastics, and SLU stuff.





It was from 1-4 at my mom's house. I stood by the front door welcoming people as they walked in, giving me a chance to make sure I was able to talk and greet everyone (even though I didn't get to talk to anyone for as long as I liked). I was so happy to see so many dear people from my life show up. It meant so much to me and was fun to see everyone. But by the time it was over I was so relieved. I can only stand and talk and smile continuously for so long, no matter how happy and thankful I was!




However I didn't get much of a rest. The celebrating continued. I quickly packed up to spend the entire week at my dad's house and drove Maria over there. Our cousins Seth and Brody were anxiously awaiting our arrival as were my Aunt Helen, Aunt Elaine, and Dad. We played all night and had cake and homemade ice cream (yummmmy!) to celebrate Maria's birthday and my graduation.




Sunday morning we got up and went to church and said goodbye to my cousins and Aunt Helen. Than that afternoon we got ready and went to the high school for the graduation ceremony.


It was so crazy that it was actually occurring. I was officially done with high school. The past four years have been full of great people and important decisions and memories shaping who I am today. I can honestly say that nothing would be the same had I not been a CHS graduate. I love my school and being able to be so involved with many different groups of friends, with teachers, clubs and organizations, and sports teams. I was happy in my silky blue gown, many chords and tassels, and my new black classy heels that I hoped to not trip or slip out of them (I didn't!).





After the ceremony there was chaos, but eventually I was reunited with my family. I am so thankful they were all there and for all of the help and love and support and encouragement they have provided that helped me achieve what they were all there to celebrate with me.






I didn't stay at home long after we returned to my dad's. I got ready and went for another round of friends' open houses with Hilary and Colby. Then that night the three of us plus Josue and a few other friends went camping at Colby's dad's shop. It felt good to finally lay down and get some rest. And also to laugh and laugh with my friends.

After helping put up the tent in the morning, Josue and I went to my mom's house where I made chocolate pancakes for breakfast. Just the fix after spending the night sleeping on the ground in the tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment