July 1, 2012

Iowa for a lovely wedding!

Friday May 11 I went home from school then to my dad's house and we headed to Iowa. It was a really upsetting car ride for me, including many tears. I couldn't help but think that the last time we made this drive was for my Grandma Demeter's funeral. That night we stayed at my grandparents' house. Even though Maria and I slept in the same bed in the same back bedroom next to my grandparents' room, nothing was the same. It was sad and lonely and empty feeling and I just missed both of my grandparents and the love they filled their house with.


We woke up Saturday morning (May 12), got ready, and drove a few more hours to the town where my cousin Brad was getting married. We got there just in time and sat in the pew with Aunt Chel, Tom, and precious baby Max. Seth also joined us when he saw Michael was there.

The wedding was beautiful. The dresses and the flowers and especially Brad & Laura. I was so happy to see their smiles and the way they looked at each other. I loved the way the pastor told their story of Laura first encoutering Brad on match.com (who thought he had deactivated his account and people could no longer see it). My favorite part was when they faced each other and sang a duet (plus Brad playing the guitar) of Marry Me by Train. It was so perfect and so them and just so cute!

Then after the wedding we went to the reception where we got to talk to more aunts and cousins that I had really missed and eat dinner and listen to toasts and watch everyone dance. Brad and Laura were so good at dancing. I was really impressed!







Oh and at the door we were handed the cutest wedding favors. They were CDs of songs that were significant in Brad and Laura's relationship. Not to mention they sing together and play together (unfortunately not on the CD though) so incorpotating music, something so special to the two of them, into the wedding favor to share with everyone was so perfect! I loved so many of the songs and have grown to love the ones that were new to me. But the best part was reading how each song fit into their life in the little printed booklet that came with it!

I was sad we had to leave but happy to get the chance to talk to Brad, even if it was just to say goodbye. It was my fault too, that we had to leave so early. Because we were 5 hours from home and I had to be at work at 9am the next morning. Oh I was so flustered. But we got through it.. And successfully made it to the wedding and back in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment