August 6, 2011

Saturday night

This morning I woke up for morning practice. But this time it was at 6:30 and it was not aerobics. We met at CHS and headed to the swim classroom. Baby Girl had breakfast set out for us as well as a dry erase board and tv. There was fruit and donuts and pancakes and sausage and juice and milk. What a sweet heart bring that for us. For a while he talked about basic fundamentals and positions and strategies. Then we watched half of an olympic game ironically of USA vs Japan and the coaches pointed out what was done well and their mistakes.

Then I went to my dad's house. We both napped for a while. There must be a sleeping spell at his house. It also helps that it's cold & has soft blankets, is quiet, and dark. At least in my room where a blanket hangs in front of the window for the sole purpose of blocking out the light so I can sleep-thank you Dad.

After I woke up, I mowed. The earth is so dry and in such need of some rainfall. I like to mow when the grass is lush and green and when there is an obvious difference between the side I have mowed and the other side that has yet to be cut. I was fretting that my ipod would die on me, but luckily it made it through the hour. I like when my dad comes with a polar pop full of sprite and the crushed ice as my relief before the last stretch.

Once the yard was all done I went back to his house and showered and put on jean shorts and sandals. I feel like lately I have been only living in cut off tshirts and dri-fit shorts. Well because I have been. And it just felt good to put real clothes on.

On my way back to my mom's, Maria and I stopped at the grocery so she could buy snacks and I could buy ingredients for dinner. I do like to cook, and especially such a simple summer recipe. Even though they had already eaten their own dinner, my mom and Dan shared the penne with me. I was happy to receive their approval.



We picked up my grandparents and dropped them off downtown where they met their friends to see Chicago. It was so cute watching the older couples walking on the sidewalk together. Especially the one with the man bringing a pillow. After dropping them off, we swung by and picked up Sarah & went to the bank then to our house.

Neither of us knew what we should do, so eventually my mom decided for us. No we did not "play trampoline jump." But instead we went to the Iron Gate for dessert to visit Michael at work. It was really fun seeing him there and being waited on by him. Sarah and I both got chocolate cake but decided we prefer Applebees.

Sarah and I spent the rest of the night talking and looking through pictures and laying down. We planned to sleep on the trampoline, but were disappointed. The air was not as cool and crisp as the other night and the stars were not as bright. But we went for it anyways. Although I haven't slept, she is. It is really comfortable and even though the chirping bugs are annoying, it's calming and soothing in a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment