August 15, 2011

taking care of business

I started this list-making, errand-running, sun-shining day by bringing Sarah to her house. When I came home I ate Lucky Charms, my favorite, then proceeded to make lists. I started out making a to do list, then just kept going.


I finished reading The Things They Carried and typed out my ten quotes from it. I also did the dishes and dropped my dad's shorts off at the dry cleaners before meeting Hannah downtown. We went to Scaggs and got the prices for our soccer shirts and sweats which was much easier than either of us expected. While we did so, the two kids she babysits, their dog, and two of her siblings waited outside. They were so presh.

Then, I went to my mom's where I put my laundry away, got my school stuff and soccer stuff. Before going back to my dad's, I went to the double K (crappy kroger) and bought a gallon of milk.

I went to my grandparent's for one last pool time of summer. I sat and talked to my Grandma for a while, because it's been a while since I have been over there. At least we both felt like it. We talked about my new TOMS and soccer and the classes I'm taking this year. Then, I went down to the pool. I laid in the sun for a while, before jumping in. The water was chilly, but it felt good as it cooled my body. I got out, dried off, said good bye to my Grandma and left. I wish I had more time to spend both at the pool and with my Grandma, but I'm thankful for what I did have.

I got my soccer stuff ready as well as my school stuff. I went to the high school earlier than I usually do so I'd have time to put stuff in my locker before practice. This way I wouldn't have to bring it all on the first day of school.


For practice we scrimmaged the guys. It did not go as well as any of us would have liked. But it was good that we finally got to play as a team. Especially considering the fact that our first game is tomorrow! They guys scored on us consistently and we only got about 2 shots on their goal. I was hot, and probably dehydrated somewhat from laying in the sun. The midfield position was too much for me, and I know I did not help out the team as much as they needed me. After we were done scrimmaging, coach talked to us for a long time. I kept my head down the whole time, as he told us about all the mistakes we made. It was hard to pay attention to that kind of talk in the first place, but all that was really on my mind was how I couldn't wait to drink water and feel it inside of my hot, dry body that was so badly thirsting for it. When we finally were released for a drink, I downed almost my whole bottle. Only saving some because I knew I'd want it later. We went over pregame warm up stuff, talked some more, and practice ended.

I went home and showered. Than my dad and I went to a meeting for my health careers class. I am so excited for this class and the opportunities that come with it. I do not know if I will end up pursuing a health career, but I am definitely interested in the content and information. At least speaking from my integrated health class last year and watching House and other medical shows and observing my doctor and the athletic trainer at school.

I came home and napped for an hour. Then checked the pressure and put air in my tires. And made bow tie pasta for dinner. And I went to my mom's to get headache medicine. And I updated my blog- wrote about yesterday, added pictures from the lake, and am now writing about today.

Hopefully I will get a start on my essay for The Things They Carried before going to sleep. So that way on my last day of summer, which is so sad to say, I do not have to do it all. Also-it is the only thing left unchecked from my to do list that I made this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment