August 5, 2011

"Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do." - Pele

After going to aerobics this morning, I came home and went back to sleep for a while. Until about 11.

Sarah and I somehow are almost always thinking alike. Even when we aren't with each other. When she texted me asking to go swimming at Wabash I didn't even have to think about my answer. Because I was thinking myself that it would be good to do. I rode my bike to her house than we walked to the Allen Center.

I always hesitate getting in the water, but I followed Sarah's lead. We swam lots of laps. Down and back. Freestyle. Breaststroke. Backstroke. But every now and then we took a break to just use the kick boards and talk. We also did some dolphin stuff. I used to love pretending to be a dolphin in the water when I was younger. We swam for an hour, but it felt like so much longer in the water.

Once we showered, I rode my bike back home. I read for a while and slept some more. Then I woke up and hung out before packing a back and heading to my mom's. Not long after I got there, I left for practice.

Tonight's practice seemed intense. We ran and stretched and did a warm up passing circle. Then we did an obstacle course to work on our speed and agility and endurance. We went through it time and time again. Just as I'd catch my breath, it was my turn again. Every time it seemed. Once we finished we worked on offense and defense, scrimmaged, than did hills. During practice we could hear the faint music from a near by church. It made me long to be in Camp Tecumseh's Green Cathedral. It also reminded me of The Things They Carried and the stories of the music. Which makes me think of August Rush. But we weren't the only ones hearing it. The birds seemed to circle the area, dancing along. As did the dragon flies by the far goal.

After I got home and showered I sat on the porch and talked to my mom for a while. Then some friends came over. Josue came over and laid on the trampoline with me. The night air felt good. A break from the hot, humid, sunny air of the day time. We talked mostly about soccer. What we did at practice, our teams, and what positions we will probably play this year. But we also talked about flying and the sky above us. Sarah and Elizabeth and Bailey and Sam also stopped by. They were on a scavenger hunt. And ended up winning! So proud of them :)

Even though I feel like it is the middle of the day, I'm going to have to make myself realize the actual time so I can fall asleep and wake up for soccer tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment