August 7, 2011

Saturday Night Surprise

Last night after blogging on the trampoline, I woke Sarah up and we went inside. We planned on crashing on the couch with our big blue blankets and ours pillows. So one might imagine the reaction I had when we walked in and found two boys on the couch. Michael and Trent. They were confused, but laughed, at my fright. Sarah and I joined them on the couch. We watched Brian Regan for a while than some of a random Zack Galifanakis documentary on Netflix. But soon Michael was getting sleep in his eyes as was Sarah.

Sarah and I headed back to my room and the Michael and Trent laid down. But I was still wide awake, as was Trent. Later we would decide it was okay that the other two were asleep fast because they had both worked that day. I saw the extra blue blanket in my room from the trampoline and brought it back to the family room and offered it to Trent. At first I thought he didn't want it, but what he didn't want was to put it on himself since he was already laying down. So I did for him, even though he was cautious that I might have only given him the blanket because it was carrying chicken pocks-like the Indians used to do.

I went back to my room, but only for a few minutes before returning. I helped Trent get the tv back to the right thing, then ended up staying out there for a while. He scooted down on the couch and gave me a cushion to sit on and a propped up a pillow for me to sit against. He flipped through the tv channels and found a high school slam dunk contest on ESPN to watch. I really admire his deep love for basketball. While we watched, and I felt sorry for the guys that didn't make their dunks, we talked about basketball and soccer and Crawfordsville sports in general. Then we talked about college and him going to Hanover and where I would like to go, which I have no idea. He asked what I want to study but I couldn't give an answer to that question either. We decided if we could have any dream job he would be a hip-hop artist that has shows every night and I would be a travel writer traveling the world and basically blogging about it. We also talked about high school and friends from there and then about not friends and about classmates and who the biggest stud in my class is. Trent advised me on what to stay away from doing and what was okay and that if I'm ever not into a relationship to get out as quickly as I can. We also talked about dogs we had and how he felt about moving and Rob Lowe and music and banana pancakes. At about 3:30am the tv went out and Trent was soon to follow. He told me it would be okay to wake him up, but once he was finally asleep I decided I better try to do the same and went back to my own room.

I'm so glad Michael and Trent became friends. I know they love hanging out with each other and are like brothers, and I also like being able to hang out with them too. Trent is really out going, but more than that he is so sweet and easily engaged in conversation. When Sarah fell asleep I was sad to not continue our heart to heart girl talks, but it ended up being okay because I got to spend quality time talking with Trent! Like I told him, I am going to miss when him and Michael go to school soon and I'm still just at the high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment