August 4, 2011

Tonight is a writing night. && pictures! Finally.

This morning came faster than I expected. After waking up, I got changed in the bathroom so I wouldn't have to turn the light on and wake up Sarah in my room. I didn't want to change, or even get out of my bed. I was so warm and cozy in my sweats and sweatshirt with a pile of blankets on top of me. But I did. Then I grabbed an apple and ate it on the way to aerobics so I didn't become shaky and weak feeling like I was the other morning.

The air was cool, and not humid. Different than it has been in a while. I didn't like it until I heard it was running day. As a group led by Amy, we left the park and rec center for a run. We turned right and ran past County Market and Target and all the way down to the blue and red and white gas station on the corner. Then we turned right on Washington and straight down it for a while. Once we got to the Wabash Quick Mart we turned right on Wabash and ran until we got to the Lane Place then turned right again. We ran a little ways down that road (Water Street?) then Amy turned around and realized some of the girls were not with us. No one was sure what to do or how to find them. We walked up a hill that got us back to Washington. We looked up towards the first gas station and down towards the Wabash quick mart but saw no sign of them. So we walked back down the hill and somehow- a miracle. They were there! We walked past Tuttle and all the way as far as we could. Then turned right and walked by The Big Dipper. Once we got to the park we ran until we finally made it back to the Park and Rec. All of us safe and sound. And red faced and out of breath.

I was tired when I got home, but decided I didn't want to confuse Sarah like I confused Jacqueline. So instead of heading to the basement to nap, I crawled back in my bed. When we did wake up I decided we should make chocolate chip pancakes and she quickly agreed that it was a fine idea. But. We had no chocolate chips. So we made a quick run to the crappy Kroger near my house. And it was so worth it. They were some great pancakes.


After I took Sarah home, I stopped in my mom's classroom. I put on an ATeens CD and made book labels for her. She is cracking down on behavior this year, and becoming much more organized. So proud of her!

We decided on such a perfect day, we had to go to the pool. We met Kim there and all three soaked in the sun for a while.

Then, I had to go to the dentist. I like to smile, but I just do not like the dentist. Plus because of the time of my appointment I had to miss hanging out with Michael and Lexie and Maria and going to the zoo and seeing the baby elephant. But, I had to get a baby cavity filled :( and get three sealants. I did not like any of it. They didn't have to numb me, but they still used lots of tools that were uncomfortable. I did not like the sound or the gritty feeling they left in my mouth. But I guess my teeth are better. So okay.

My mom dropped me off at home where I hung out for a while watching tv and laying down and doing laundry and blogging and hanging out with Maggie, before heading over to my dad's.

Then I went to practice. First I had to talk to a newspaper guy. Which was again, awkward and hard to think of things on the spot. Then I went inside and took the concussion base test so just in case anything happens to us we can compare results and see how bad it is. It was a lot of memorizing and speed and shapes and colors and words and designs on the computer. Practice was half over by the time we finished and joined the rest of the team on the field. We ran and stretched and worked on a one vs one drill and had the ball punted by us then had to settle it then did hills.

After practice ended, Goalie, Hannah, Amber, and I went to McDonald's. We didn't really want to eat much after practicing, so we just went to hang out and talk and carry on a tradition? I also had a classic "Maddy Moment" while we were there. Goalie told us someone was on house arrest and immediately I exclaimed, "at his house!?" Then I realized what I said and joined in the laughter.


I came to my dad's, where I have been for the rest of the night. And read some and showered and blogged and talked. Also for the record. My stings are doing so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment