August 2, 2011

I've got sunshine in my pocket. I gotta sucha whatta perfect day. I'm feelin kinda worth it. Says the smile on my face.

Yesterday was the first day of August. Ahh. Hitting August is a scary reality check. August means summer days are over, school starts and summer homework is due, 2 a days start, and so do our games.

I woke up for aerobics then went home and napped for a while. And spent a lot of the day reading the book The Things They Carried. It's a summer reading book, but I actually am liking it. It's simple language to understand and again it's a memoir where the author is writing about his life.

I just hung out a lot of the day and questioned my stings that continued to swell and itch. I put stuff on them, but nothing seemed to have helped.


Then I went to soccer practice. Which was hot, and hard, but good.

Before going to sleep, I checked Julie Abston's photography site and she had already uploaded the pictures she took the day before!! I was so pleasantly surprised! And very excited to see the rest. Then I blogged about July 31 (and cheated on the time stamp by setting it as if I did it that night instead of on Aug 1).

Today, August 2 came fast. Too fast. I woke up early this morning because the sting on my finger itched so badly. So I got up and put ice on it. By the time the ice cube melted, it was 6am and time for me to wake up. I fell back asleep and my alarm went off, and somehow I fell asleep again. I think I pressed dismiss and thought I pressed snooze. I didn't end up waking up until 6:45 to my teammate calling asking where I was. I threw clothes on and hurried to the rec center as fast as I could. I was so upset and embarrassed with myself. And my finger wasn't even any better. They were doing stations and I joined in, then we went on a run around the park. We came back and stretched to Jack Johnson. Oh how I love him and singing along with every word.

My leg and finger, as I said, were still getting worse. So I went to my mom's and took aspirin and benadryl and put more stuff on it. Then I went back to my dad's and slept.

When I woke up, I put my suit on and went to the kids' house that Steph babysits for. Steph, Sam Morgan, and Rat were all already in the pool where I joined them. I hadn't seen Steph in a while, not to mention the other two, and it was fun talking to them (well mostly listening to them) while soaking up the sun.

Then I met my mom and showed her the stings. She called the doctor and they were able to get me in quickly. I went all by myself for the first time. He gave me a prescription, and I met her at CVS to get it filled. After, I got gas in my car and subway so I had food to take the pills with. I felt like House having to take 8 all at once.

I got a quick nap in again before heading to soccer practice. It went pretty well and I didn't have a punishment from showing up late this morning. Thank goodness.

The rest of the night I have spent talking to Maria and blogging and facebooking and checking out the pictures Julie uploaded. Love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment