August 13, 2011

Much better. Improvement. Making progress.

This morning I woke up early, but this time not for aerobics! I woke up, got dressed in my bright lime green shirt, and went to the high school. Today was the day we put our training to use and got to lead freshmen orientation for the class of 2015. The big group talk and activities at the beginning flowed really well. Again, I was impressed by Mr. Melton and Mrs. Rainwater's ability to be so enthusiastic and excited about it and keep the attention of the freshmen.

Then we broke into our groups. I was excited that my partner was Nathaniel, also as we told our kids my locker buddy since fourth grade. At first we only had 4, but we got 2 added for a grand total of six. Sheridan, Alyssa, Landon, Tony, Payton, and Darsey. None of the kids seemed intimidated and all were eager and interested in what we had to say and the activities we did. I was really impressed, but mostly thankful that things worked out so well. I still thought of Camp T, although nothing can quite compare.

Maria waited with me during the debrief and cleanup so I could take her home. But I was really hungry and before we went home we took a detour to Arby's. I got the usual (with Sarah) a roast beef sandwhich, curly fries, and a cherry turnover. And Maria got motzerella sticks. We sat there and talked about how orientation went and who was in our groups.

When I got home I took a solid 2 hour nap. Even though I was on the couch and people around me were moving and the tv was on and people were in the kitchen, I slept through it all. Although, I was dreaming about what I heard on tv because when I woke up the words I heard matched the words from the Say Yes to the Dress commercial. Although I preferred the bride and the dresses in my dream.

After waking up I helped my mom in her class room. Yes more labels.

Then I went home and got ready for practice. Practice went pretty well, even though it made me realize that I'm still out of shape and need to work on that for my new position. But the best part, by far, was the deep pink of the sky as the sun set behind the goal we were shooting at. Now whenever I think of the phrase my Grandpa taught me, Pink in the morning sailors take warning, pink at night sailors delight, I think of Elizabeth Stratton. A real sailor that I actually know. And I plan on asking her if she's heard that and if it's true. I still hope that I will get to go on a boat with her someday.

When I got home I laid on the porch couch with Maggie for a while and read a little of my book. I am very close to being finished with The Things They Carried.

The rest of my evening I have spent finally actually blogging and catching up on blogging and it's felt so great and relaxing as well. I also added pictures to all of this weeks posts dating back to Sunday so that was exciting too. I'm sad that I haven't been taking as many pictures lately, but then again my days generally have consisted of napping and soccer. I also hung out and talked to my siblings, especially during the random sibling pow wow that occurred unannounced in my room.

I like days like these. Where I help people. And when I exercise. And when I get along and laugh with my siblings. And when it's sunny and warm. And when I have Maggie time.

No comments:

Post a Comment