August 4, 2011

I am so thankful for best friends. So thankful.

[I'm just going to pretend like I wrote this last night when it was still August 3rd instead when I'm actually writing]

Today I woke up and went to aerobics at 6:30. Nothing new there. Then I came home and slept for a while and hung out the rest of the afternoon. It seems like basically this is all my days consist of. They're all starting to run together now.

Then went to practice at 7. The exciting part of my day came after practice. Sweat and all, I went straight from practice to pick up Sarah at her house. We drove to my grandparents, said hello, then jumped in the pool. Being in the pool at night is so much different than the day time. Instead of being all about the sun, it is all about the water I guess. The night air was cold so we both ended up huddled up in the shallow end looking like midgets/ducks. Like we had heads and legs and big feet. But nothing else. We talked until we decided it was too cold. Then went inside their house for blueberry muffins that my grandma suggested we eat.


Even though Sarah had to work tomorrow, and I had to get up for soccer we decided we should have a sleepover. It'd just been too long. I ran her by her house to get mostly her contact solution and case (and some other over night necessities) on our way to my mom's house.

We were so cold from being in the water that we put on sweatshirts and sweat pants. We liked looking at the stars in the pool so much that we wanted to continue to be under them. So we grabbed a sleeping bag, blanket, and 2 pillows and headed out to the trampoline. For a while we laid there and wished to see a shooting star and talked. We talked about everything, but a lot about boys. And school and how it would be okay without the homework. And also about how happy we are to be girls and how content we are to just sit and talk when we hang out rather than having something to do. So true. But soon we couldn't keep our eyes open any longer and rolled over and fell asleep for a while. Until my alarm went off at 12:30 and we gathered up the blankets and pillows and went inside to sleep for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment