August 28, 2011

It's been a lovely week[end].

This week was our first real, full, week of school. Yet, I still haven't found myself very interested or intrigued in anything I've really learned about. Maybe it's because I feel like most of my classes are still getting started. Or maybe because the one's that have started I'm just not taking an interest to. But next Wednesday my health careers class is taking a field trip! To Chicago. I am very excited about that! Especially because Hannah and I weren't going to get to go, but my mom talked to Mr. Barton and they got our soccer game that was supposed to be that same night, rescheduled so we could attend both!

As for soccer. Well it is going. This week our record dropped to 2-3. We beat Greencastle 2-0 on Monday, lost to Frankfort 1-2 on Wednesday, and Saturday lost by a lot to Cascade. (0-11 if you must know the exact amount.) We also had a set back when Hannah and I finally went to order our shirts and sweats, the company is not taking orders right now. I love playing the sport and love the girls on my team, we just need some energy and encouragement and some drive and desire to win.

I have been pretty sick for most of this week. I've had basically a cold. A runny nose and sore throat and cough and my body ached all over. Wednesday night after our soccer game I felt awful. I grabbed stuff from my moms, then went to my dad's and showered before I fell asleep at 9:30pm. I woke up in the middle of the night continuously. My dad took my temperature and I had a 102 fever, even though I'd been taking Tylenol. Thursday I stayed home from school and laid on the couch all day. I couldn't do anything. Friday I went to school, only because I knew my team would need me to play in Saturday's game. And I didn't want to get behind on school work.

Friday I made it through soccer practice somehow. Then for dinner went to Johnny Provolone's with my mom and Dan. Then we visited my grandparents. Afterwards Josue came over and hung out for a bit. I didn't go to the football game because of my cold. But had fun hanging out with Josue at home.

Saturday, after our game, Sarah and I laid out at my grandparent's for a bit. Then we got ready and went to Lafayette. Dress shopping. Friday at the end of the day they announced the homecoming court. And my name was on it! I am one of the four senior queen candidates. That was exciting too. I never would have guessed that. We looked at Macy's and Sears and Khols and Deb and no places had long formal dresses. We didn't think JC Penny had any either, but ended up finding a few in a different location. There were four styles and I tried them all on. Sarah and I narrowed it down to two and asked other people to vote. We chose the elegant black one over the sparkly purple one. And were both very excited. I also saw Tori, a girl I was a CILT with. She is always so smiley and bubbly and I gave her a big hug.

Before our drive home, Sarah and I stopped at Cinnabon to satisfy our taste buds. I got us home by memory from the directions my dad taught me the time Jacqueline and I went. And at one step I wasn't sure which road to take, but I must have chosen the right one because we ended up in Crawfordsville.

We went to Sarah's house and laid down for a while. Then walked downtown to the Lew Wallace grounds for the Taste of Montgomery County. There was music, and every kind of food and people imaginable. We talked to Doc and Mr. Monroe and Morgan & Darcy & Craig & Taylor and Jacob Surface and Robbie & Brandt. We talked to Robbie and Brandt with my mom and Dan for a long time. I liked listening to them talk. About my brother and about Wabash and about relationships. Girls of their past and how they start by impressing girls with the small things like opening their car door, then go big. You can't go all out at the beginning.

We went back to Sarah's where she got her stuff, and we got our cars. Then to my house for the night. We talked to Maria and my mom for a while. Before gathering up blankets and heading out to sleep on the trampoline. The stars were really clear and filled the black sky. We were warm under all of our blankets and sweats, almost too warm.

We woke up to the sun in our eyes and my mom letting Maggie outside. Then Sarah went home and I went to Clancy's to start on our senior jeans. I got my letters cut out and she got a few things painted on hers before it was time for her to go to work. We still have a long way to go before homecoming when we have to finish them.

I also tried to lay out for a little bit and even out the tan on my back, since the dress shows it all. I will have to keep working at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment