July 6, 2011

It still doesn't seem like it should be July yet

Yay I am finally caught up and just writing about one day! This is exciting. Although I'm still sad I don't have any pictures again.

This morning I had to wake up early to go to the doctor and get a sports physical. I don't really like going to the doctor, or the wait that goes with it. But oh well.

Then I printed my pictures for my 4H selection. Tomorrow Morgan is going to help me with her fellow photographic eye and knowledge and we're going to try to narrow it down to 10. One year when she helped me, we laid out all the pictures on couches. There were at least 20. Then we titled them and made everyone vote different rounds. I also remember making different marks with colored pencils beside the titles, although I can't remember what they stood for. Tomorrow it will not be as big of a process. But it will still be quite exciting finally hanging out with her!

I spent an hour well in the sun. It felt so good floating on the raft while the sun shone brightly and Jack Johnson played in the cd player.

I got back to my dad's and napped for a while. Then I got up, packed a few clothes and Maria and I went to my grandparents house for dinner. My grandma got some bad poison ivy or something like it so my mom helped out a lot with the cooking. I hated seeing my grandma look so uncomfortable, but she is such a strong woman. The roast pork was delicious, but my favorite was the glass of milk and the strawberries on pound cake.

I hung out at my mom's the rest of the night. One of my friends- Josue came over for a bit and hung out with me too. We watched the end of the USA vs Sweden game of the women's world cup. USA lost :( but they are still going to the quarterfinals where they will play Brazil. Josue loves soccer, and even with it being women's, he seemed more into it then me. It's fun having someone to watch it with that actually cares a little and knows whats going on. He also met my dog Maggie and family and we sat on the porch and talked. He is quieter, but I like when he tells stories. And I like that he doesn't get annoyed with how often I ask him "why?"

Before blogging, I talked with Maria in her room. Then got in my own bed to blog. I have been gone so much and it is nice to finally get a night to sleep in my own bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment