July 18, 2011

Without the details

Sunday July 17
-I woke up and went to church. I really love Fr. Dennis's homilies. They always have a modern tie in or personal story that he relates the readings too and it just really helps me to understand and grasp the idea. He used "the rest of the story" thing and also talked about being the weeds and being the wheat. When he made a joke that his past girlfriends (he didn't become a priest until later in life) would consider him the weeds, I felt like I was back at OLAB sitting in Korb listening to Greg Shaheen.
-I mowed.
-I blogged about OLAB. It was hard to start and I contemplated for a long time organizing it chronologically or by category. But I was so happy to write it once I got going. So much love.
-I watched USA lose to Japan in a really good final game of the women's world cup. :(
-Then I hung out with Morgan and talked about OLAB and life and we walked downtown to Little Mexico and back to her house.

Monday July 18
-I slept in yay!
-I cleaned up my room a little.
-I went to the pool. Lots of people were there. Brother Trent and Michael. Aunt Wendy and MaryGrace! Wendy and Kim and Susie. And my mom. It was very hot, and not that sunny. But I have missed laying out.
-I wrote a letter. On my fanciest card paper. I love the quote by Margaret Shepherd from her book The Art of the Handwritten Note:-I went to soccer! It was still hot and there were lots of gnats. But I loved it. I hadn't been able to go for a while and was so happy to be out on the field again! I wasn't even worried about my white cleats getting dirty this time. That was a big step to take.
"A handwritten note is like dining by candlelight instead of flicking on the lights, like making a gift instead of ordering a product, like taking a walk instead of driving. Handwritten notes will add a lot to your life. You can still use the telephone or the web for the daily chores of staying in touch, but for the words that matter, its courteous, classy, caring, and civilized to pick up a pen."

-Now I am blogging and about to watch a documentary on Netflix about shoes! Called Just for Kicks. Then go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment