July 25, 2011

"Oh Lauzy Day"

Waking up for aerobics came fast. But I didn't respond well to my alarm. I did however respond well to my mom coming into my room and saying it's 6:20. I don't think I even knew what that meant. I just said whatt? And ran out of bed. Luckily, somehow I made it to the rec center at 6:30 and class didn't start right on time so I had a chance to wake up a little bit. Aerobics was fun, besides it being way too early for me to be moving and coordinated. We alternated between cardio and weights every two minutes. It is a good way to ease into conditioning, but I don't think it can replace running.

When I came home, I headed to the basement where I napped for a good 2 1/2 hours. After I woke up so did Jacqueline and we watched Home Alone 2 with Michael until Grandma called and made lunch plans with us.

It turned out that when we had arrived at their house at 12 Grandma had already eaten lunch with Grandpa. Jacqueline decided on Little Mexico and Grandma told us she'd join us for dessert. She got coffee and flan while Jacqueline and I ate real food. Well kind of. At lunch Grandma entertained us with stories of when our moms were young and they went traveling/camping with the trailer for 3 weeks during the summer.


After lunch we walked downtown to Whatever. Jacqueline got a car magnet for her car and Grandma got a card for her friend Alice.


Before going home, we stopped at Mae's house for a visit. She was a little shaken up when we got there, but it was a good thing we showed up when we did. We sat and talked to her for a while, then my grandma told us she would stay and for us to go swim. Jacqueline and I did for a little while, but went back at 3 to get my Grandma. We didn't think it was necessary for her to walk home down the big hill and especially not in this heat. When we picked her up Mae seemed much, much better.

Jacqueline and I went back to the pool where Wendy and Tracy were. They left, but we stayed. We floated on the rafts and told lots of stories of past relationships and those that never were. Then we said goodbye to our grandparents and went back to my house.

We went through some of the piles in my room and she helped me throw stuff away and consolidate the stuff I kept. I also showed off the Rob Lowe magazine cover I have coveted since I found it freshman year in Mrs. Veatch's bio class.

We joined my mom and Dan for a dinner of steaks on the grill, bruschetta, and watermelon! Yum. So many summer time favorites all at once.

After dinner Jacqueline and I hung out the rest of the night. We walked to the playground and swung on the swings while singing Taylor Swift. We laid on the trampoline and chatted. We played Just Dance and she beat me every time. We watched Tosh.O. Then we decided I should get to bed. So a relapse of this morning doesn't happen when I have to get up early for aerobics.


[Also. Tomorrow I plan to add the pictures to this post and yesterdays.]

No comments:

Post a Comment