July 8, 2011

The truth is...

The truth is I do not like having to combine two days in one post. But I can't just throw out a day, that be even worse. And I do not like how often I've done two days in one post lately, but that's just the way it's been.

Thursday June 7th I woke up at my mom's house and hung out there for a while. I was really tired and lazy all morning until I went with my mom to get Bavarian ham from County Market for my grandparents. Neither of us wanted to go there to get it, but I told her we couldn't lie and say that didn't have it. So we finally found our way around the store and made it to my grandparents house in time for their lunch.

My grandma was still in bad condition, but she said she felt much better so I believed her. It was painful and sad to see her like that, but I know she will bounce back soon. I just wanted to know exactly what is wrong and exactly what she should do about it and just be able to help. Maybe I will end up being a nurse or doctor or something in the medical field after all. I mean whenever people ask what I plan on doing I say I don't really have an idea. But truthfully that is always in the back of my mind. There still just so much to chose from even in that one field that it is still overwhelming and I don't know.

I laid out for a little while in the sun and was joined by Kim Roberts and my mom for a bit. I like being able to talk with my mom and her friends. Especially while soaking up the glorious sun.

Then I went back to my moms, got my laundry, and met Morgan at my dad's house. She did an excellent job helping me narrow down my photos. I have it down to eleven! It's hard to hear criticism about my photographs during the elimination process, but I took her honesty and used it in a good and productive way.

We also watched Across the Universe without me falling asleep! That seriously may be a first. We love that movie and the characters and the songs and the way its put together. Afterwards we went to Applebees for dinner with Maria. It was really tasty and really funny. Morgan and I also really enjoy SNL and it seems like especially when we're together so many incidents in life could easily be turned into an SNL skit. Like our waitress.

At the last minute I went to Bailey's house for a movie night. Sarah, JJ, Josue, Jose, Luis, and Danny went to. We watched them play ps3 or whatever which really is never fun. Video games can be fun, but not just watching them. Then we watched the movie Beastly. Jose really liked it and suggested we watch it. I felt bad that no one else really seemed to like it, but at least they were being truthful about it. I tried to pay attention, but it just wasn't my type of movie. It was fun spending a night with friends, even though it was a quiet night.

Friday July 8 I slept in until 12. It felt so lovely. I sleep so well at my dad's house. Then I got up and ready. Sarah picked me up after picking up Bailey & Elizabeth and we went to Grace's house for the afternoon. We were so excited to hang out with Grace! But it ended up she had to go to a doctors appointment and she didn't get back before we had to leave because Sarah had to pack for Colorado.

Even though she had a doctors appointment, we stayed at her house and swam. Honestly, I felt bad being there without either of the lovely Stewart sisters. But we didn't stop that from letting ourselves enjoy the pool and sunshine!


We laid out on the pool deck on our towels, but not for long because we all got very hot.



We jumped  into the water, which was so warm it almost didn't even cool us off! It always just feels good plunging into the water rather than just climbing in slowly.





We also did a few handstand contests and holding our breath under water contests. I won the handstands and Sarah won the under water.


We whipped our hair back and forth and screamed under water and listened to the true words of Taylor Swift and showed off our muscles.




I spent the rest of the day at my dad's house. I continued to try to narrow down my pictures, but still haven't come to the final conclusion. Sarah gave me her honest opinion and so did Emma. I finally redid my toe nail polish. I was sad to take off the design painted on by the guy when Aunt Chel and I got ours done, but it was starting to chip off anyways. Speaking of Aunt Chel, she went back to work this week. I know that she was dreading leaving Max, and that it was hard. But she did it! She made it through the week :) I also made bow tie pasta for Maria and I for dinner. I do love simple pasta and Parmesan cheese. And Maria, Emma, and I went outside and talked to our neighbor and awwed at her son Noah and dog Milo. Such a happy, cute, presh, adorable family living beside us.

Maria worked on friendship bracelets and we watched How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days. I have watched it so many times, but I still love it. I notice more every time I watch it. This time it was the music. And the how much lying, or not telling the whole truth can mess things up. That stood out to me probs because I'm facing the effects of that myself. Here are the Taylor Swift lyrics that fit it to a t:

Well maybe it's me and my blind optimism to blame
Maybe it's you and your sick need to give love then take it away
And you'll add my name to your long list of traitors who don't understand
And I'll look back and regret how I ignored when they said "run as fast as you can"
I believe any relationship built on lies is bound to fall apart eventually. Even if it is something really bad, it seems like everytime it is best to be honest about it than try to cover it up or deny it. And when it is broken this can be fixed, but it is a slow process. Because truth is not what we discussed grace to be a while ago at my grandparents. Truth can be gained, but it can also be lost. It is not always available. It has to really be wanted and really put effort into to build back. But it can be done. There is always hope.

1 comment: