July 21, 2011

Its a girl thing

I did some calculations and here are my findings. We have had approximately 52 nights of summer so far and of those 15 I spent sleeping in my bed at my moms house. 8 of those in the span of the last six weeks. (the other seven were all in the first week and a half of summer). So this morning you can only imagine how happy I was to wake up in my own bed.

I got ready as quickly as I could while still waking up then picked up Morgan. Neither of us are much fair goers, but we are definitely artists and decided we could tackle going to the fair together to look at the projects. We were happy with our luck that it wasn't very hot yet, and definitely not very crowded yet. Then when we went to pull on the doors of the small building that contained photography, the door was locked. Apparently, even though the fair goes until Friday, it was over. This year I did not attend the fair or the strawberry festival. Wow.

A few hours after our fair disappointment, I picked up Kara Riley which brightened my day. We went to Little Mexico for lunch where we told each other stories of our summer. We usually fit in yesterdays stories or a weekends worth of stories during seventh period where we are stud asses for Mrs. Lewellen, and today over one lunch we squeezed in a summer's worth! I love Kara and will miss her a lot while I'm still at CHS and she's starting as a freshman at Ball State.


I went to the pool. Of course. It's kind of like my getaway and safe haven. But for everyday purposes. Eventually I was joined by the rest of my family as well.



Then I went back to my dad's house. I propped both of my legs up on the couch and leaned back with my lap top. Then i proceeded to reblog everything that I had written last night which all got erased. It wasn't as awful as I figured it would be.

Finally I picked up Sarah! It had been two weeks since we hung out. We went to dinner at Applebees and did a lot of story telling and sharing. Me of OLAB and Sarah of Colorado. We shared the appetizer sampler which we both were really happy about and the famous triple chocolate meltdown for dessert. Before leaving we walked over and said hi to my mom and Dan and Michael and Lexi who walked in as we were eating. Funny stuff. Even my mom and Dan were clearly excited to see Sarah, and sad to hear that she is leaving for Florida tomorrow.


The rest of the night I spent at my dad's. I continued researching colleges and edited and spell checked every single post I have written thus far and talked to Maria and Michael and plotted with Jacqueline about next week and practiced my Spanish by texting Josue.

Also for the record. I would like to give a shot out to my girl Maggie. She has been set free in the basement this week and controls herself well. She has also been invited in the house more and is behaving. Aunt Wendy and I talk about this a lot-she is a dog person too. And we both agree they just love to be with people. Maggie also recognizes the sound of car keys and knows that when we pick them up we are going somewhere. I realized this because today was the second day she ran to the garage door when she heard them. I felt bad I couldn't take her with to the pool, so instead I took her for a ride around the neighborhood in my car, then dropped her off at home, and continued onwards to the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment