July 27, 2011

summer lovin. lovin summer.

I was so proud this morning that when my mom was coming into my room I was already awake for aerobics so I sat up in bed. And waited for her to be happily surprised to see me awake. I almost fell asleep sitting up. She did not come. After looking at my phone and seeing it was only 3 am, I realized she wasn't coming to wake me up at all. Just going to the bathroom. I don't know how I am such an alert sleeper-but I am very impressed with myself.

Three hours later, I did wake up and went to aerobics. Today we did step aerobics and ran around Milligan Park. When I got home I watched the morning news with my mom for a while until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and fell back asleep.

I continued to watch tv and fall asleep off and on into the afternoon. Then my mom, Maggie, and I went to my grandparents to swim. Maggie, of course did not get anywhere near the water. Even though it was in the 90s and felt much better in the cool water. The sun wasn't out and it wasn't long before we left and drove around in the country for a while.

When we got home I laid outside on the trampoline and continued reading Rob Lowe's autobiography titled Stories I Only Tell my Friends. The times when I do find myself reading, I require it to be very quiet so I can focus on the many words among the pages. I have already read 60 pages of his book and I love it. I love it because it is him, obviously. But I love hearing his story and the events that shaped his life and career. Even if a fictional character's story seems more realistic than the events in a autobiography, I always find myself being more interested in the memoir.

Then, Maria and I packed up and came to my dad's house for the night. I took the nailpolish off my nails and painted it onto Maria's. French tips on her toes and red on her fingers. Although I can't be as fancy as the rainforest scene I had painted on my toes this summer (by a man), I like to think that I do a fine painting job. The three of us went to dinner. To Little Mexico. Of course. Although this time it wasn't my chosing. I also read more in Rob Lowe's book, made Maria and I's beds with just washed sheets, and talked on the phone. My Aunt Michelle called, and I was just so excited. I love talking on the phone and especailly to her. It could be partly because we are related, or partly because she is a committed reader of my blog, but for whatever reason she just seems to understand me and my life so well. I am so thankful I got to spend time with her and Max at the beginning of the summer, and I hope I get to again soon. But I fear that with school just around the corner it may be a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment