July 16, 2011

It's been one week since [you looked at me]

I can not believe that I haven't posted since July 9. Not only is that the longest I have gone since I started my blog at the beginning of the summer, but also so very much has happened to me within this time frame that has made a huge impact. Of course I am talking about OLAB! But having been there this past week I am far too tired to give it the full, heart filled post it deserves. I will save that hopefully to do tomorrow during the day when I have more energy and patience and time.

Before I go to bed tonight, even though I've napped for about three hours today, I want to write my post that I promised in my to do list a week ago exactly.

Saturday July 9 I woke up and my dad and I left the house at 8am. Even though I would have preferred waking up much later, the reward for going to The Lord's Pantry at Anna's House is always far more in return than a few hours of sleep. This place and all that occurs there is hard to capture in words. There is the unloading and sorting of the food, the talk, the handing out the food and carrying bags as people go through the line, and the cleanup. But within all of  that there is a tremendous amount of love and faith that is seen through smiles and busy hands and conversations between new people. This undescribeable feeling of love captures and surrounds you from the minute you walk in. It isn't just due to what goes on when we are there, but far more than that. It is built into the walls through the history and stories and people that are responsible for this great organization. It is really worth hearing and I suggest if you weren't there and witnessed it yourself, or haven't heard the talk given every Saturday to the volunteers about it, you should ask me or research it yourself. Visit lordspantry.org or look up Lusious Newsome or Anna Molloy.





Also. At Anna's House I saw the pictures for the first time that my dad hung up. It was weird seeing pictures of myself on the wall, when the majority feature Lucious and Anna. But it felt really special.


Before heading back to Cville my dad and I found a Michael's craft store where we purchased lettering stickers for my 4H project and several colors of embroidery string. I was really thankful he stopped and felt so in the right place. It's possible I could live there and never get bored. There are just so many really cool art projects that could be made from stuff in that store. I love it.

We also stopped at Coldstone Creamery. Basically it was a day of favorites. I got my usual cake batter with rainbow sprinkles and my dad got vanilla ice cream with crushed oreos. We both love ice cream. And I especially love Coldstone.


I took a nap when we got home then I went fishing with Colby, Hilary, and tiny Tut. First we went to the sportsman club where we caught blue gill. I even caught a few! They were baby-sized and fit in my hand and it was just so cute. They were all really helpful to myself, a rookie fisher. Teaching me how to cast and prepare & put the bait on and how to hold the fish and everything. Then we went to the Country Club pond and continued to fish. Here we caught more blue gill, small bass, and a catfish! It required lots of waiting and patience, but it was really fun hanging out with them all as we fished.






My mom picked me up from fishing, I got my stuff from my dad's, and went to her house for the night. Dan's parents and aunt were there as I sat down to the dinner table (after scrubbing my hands). They are such a lively group and the conversation was long and rich. I enjoyed sitting there for hours, mostly just listening as I do best. Although I had to leave the table to finish my 4H projects so my mom could turn them in while I was at OLAB. Afterwards, I finally went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment