July 29, 2011

raindrops are falling on my window pane

For aerobics today we did stations. But only 4 of us showed up so we didn't do many of them. Instead we headed outside and ran and walked around the park. Then came inside and did some weights and stretched.

When I got home my mom and I walked around our neighborhood. About a mile. Then we showered and got ready to shop. I feel like that's all my summer has consisted of. Actually, accroding to Maria, I wasn't really invited. But my mom wanted me to drive so I could learn the way-because clearly last time I had some issues.

At Plato's closet I got some money for clothes I gave them, and bought 2 shirts and a pair of jeans to use for my senior jeans. At the mall I bought a dress and pair of sandals from Charolette Rousse and a pretzel for lunch.

I also drove on the way home. Instead of back tracking, I took the route that my dad told me to take last time on my way home. And I did it all on my own. I was proud of myself.

When I got home I napped. In the basement. For a long time.

Then, I hung out until dinner time. We had hamburgers and fries and watermelon. I also jumped on the trampoline and painted my mom's fingernails. My mom, Dan, and I sat on the porch and talked for a while, then they told me to go visit my grandparent's. I really wanted to play soccer, but had no one but Maggie to play with. So I went to my grandparents.

The hour I spent talking with them was lovely. I told them about soccer and aerobics and about our Laffayette trip. My grandma told me her plans for painting the blue leather recliner and my grandpa looked at her like she was crazy. She had remembered a necklace I wore recently and gave me a pink string of beads. Then, my grandpa told me about the pearls he bought her in Asia and the story of getting them restrung that he gave her for their wedding. Soon we decided I should head home so I did.

I spent the rest of the night coming up with outfits to wear for my pictures and modeling them for my mom and Dan. I came up with 5. Now I am blogging and about to read some Rob Lowe and go to sleep. And it seems I get to fall asleep to the sound of rain. So relaxing and calming.

The entire day I have been listening to the cd Sandy gave me. I love it! Getting new music is so exciting. I also kept thinking about how great of a person, and friend she is. My mom told me how much we were alike and I said I know! We always find so much alike about us too.

No comments:

Post a Comment