July 28, 2011

Spending a sunny day with Sandy

Today for aerobics we started class by running around Milligan park. By the time we were done outside, we only had a few minutes left. Enough time to get mats out, play a tape of Jack Johnson, and do some core work and stretching.

When I got home I did not go right to sleep! Instead, I met my mom at the animal shelter where we parked our cars and walked the section of the trail near by. Maggie also walked with us. Because it has been so hot and dry for so long, most of the grass and flowers are not doing well. But the ones around the trail are some of the better, and will probably be one of the locations of my senior pictures! This find was exciting.

Then I went home to my dad's and fell asleep for a while, before having to wake up to go to the dentist. I have never really been a fan of going there. I don't like all of the feelings in my mouth- not the gritty stuff they put on my teeth, and not the cotton gauze that they hold my tongue with.

Afterwards, I went home to my mom's. Sandy Williams and I were planning to hang out today, but weren't sure what we were going to do yet. While we made our plans, I laid out on the trampoline and read more of Stories I Only Tell my Friends.

Then, began my day with Sandy! We went to Arni's for lunch. I got a cheese pizza and she got a salad. We sat in the booth in the back and talked for a while-catching up on the basics.

Next, we went to my grandparents pool. My mom, Kim, and Wendy were there. But they had their own circle and we had ours. Soon they left, and were replaced by Michael and Trent. Unlike the ladies, they did not seclude themselves. They splashed and talked with us for hours while soaking up the sun. We talked about everything from different religions to college to Trent's incident with the diving board last summer to how to throw a punch. Then the boys left, and Sandy and I stayed in the water. Sandy and I seemed to talk about everything. This time more meaningful, deeper conversations about our lives and the people in them. When we were talking about divorce, she told me she has always admired my ability to deal with everything and to not go crazy from it. This meant a lot, and will be one of those things I remember forever.

Before going back to my mom's, we stopped at Drew's house to let his dog out. His dog, Ollie, was so cute. I just love dogs. Back at my house we sat in my room and looked through my photo pictures and 4H pictures. We decided with our minds put together, we could definitely create some great stuff. We also just sat and talked. I love when I can do this, and know it's the sign of a really good friend. When you don't have to entertain and think of things to do, but you're just content listening and talking with each other. Sandy and I have been able to do so since we first starting hanging out during gymnastics my freshman year. I love talking to her because she does listen and is honest and is 100% trustworthy. Plus its always easier talking to someone that understands and relates to the way I think about things.

We also jumped on the trampoline. We both threw our front and back tucks. She helped me to realize I needed to tuck tighter which really helped me to improved. I also threw a crazy stunt, that neither of us are still sure how I landed. I really thought I was straight in the air and going to land that way. But instead of on my feet, on my head. Sandy and I were amazed and then laughed and laughed. We decided it was a good one to end on and went inside to heat up our dinner.

My mom cooked us pasta and chicken which we ate on the porch. Maggie also hung out with us, begging for any little taste of what we were eating. Soon Sandy left. I was so happy that we finally got together. So very happy.

Since she left, I have been hanging out with Michael. Watching an old SNL hosted by Justin Timberlake and blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment