July 26, 2011

Finding Our Way

This morning, again I turned off my alarm without waking up to it. My mom woke me up at 6:15 and I left for aerobics. Today was a little harder, as it went a little longer and I was sore from the previous day.

When it ended, I burrowed on the couch downstairs and fell asleep. It was cool and dark and quiet with the exception of the tv. I woke up around 10:15 and woke Jacqueline up too. We got ready and tried to leave for our expedition. But the GPS wouldn't turn on. Then we were going to use Michael's, but couldn't find his. We debated if we should even go or not and decided we should. We got directions on google maps and headed to Lafayette. Then, our directions did not take us as promised. When our road ended, we were stuck, so I did the most logical thing and called my dad. He talked us through our way there and we made it to the mall. One would think I could make it there on my own by now, but it is hard with so many different ways to reach the destination. And it seems everyone I've ever ridden with drives their own way. Once we got to the parking lot we called my dad again and got the easy directions to Plato's Closet.



Jacqueline had never been to the store before, and was rather pleased by the place. As well, I enjoy the name brand clothing that's still in good condition, but at a much more reasonable price. Plus you don't have to go to all of the different stores, it is all right there in one. That is it's downfall as well. You have to take the time and have the patience to sort through the aisles and aisles of clothing. Jacqueline and I did and both bought stuff. She bought a lot of things that were purple, had jewels on it, or both! I bought two pairs of jeans and two shirts.

Then, after turning around once, we made it back to the mall on our own. We stopped at Panera for lunch. She got her usual, chicken noodle soup, and I got a turkey sandwich. While we ate we had a conversation driven by my blog post about love and colleges. We also talked about OLAB. I believe from now on we will always talk about OLAB. She sat facing the wall, but I sat facing the people. I people watched and saw a man that looked like a mix of Michael and Arnaud from OLAB, a girl wearing very wedged shoes, and an old man with a plaid shirt tucked in to his high waist-ed pants topped off with a hat.


Before leaving the mall, we called my dad and got directions home. It wasn't that we couldn't retrace our path-but we knew there would be a much simpler route. I can even still relay the directions if needed! Although my dad stayed on the phone with me for a lot of the time telling me where to turn, and after I completed it, the next step. I was really thankful that he had the time, and patience to direct me even though he was at work. And it took an especially large amount of each because every time I would make it to the light I was supposed to turn at, it would turn to red. Every time. His car and direction knowledge always benefit me- getting a copy of the key to my car made, putting gas in my car for the first time, changing the oil to my car, vacuuming it out, getting the license registered or something that involved the police coming to my house and filling out a form, changing the alternator, and being there when I got rear ended.

Jacqueline and I ran home and "dashed inside" to exchange our shopping bags for our swimsuits just as Grandma had done the day before when she grabbed the chicken casserole before going to visit Mae. We said hi to our Grandpa, changed into our suits, and were joined by Michael Templeton and Ryan Teeter to swim. Jacqueline hadn't hung out with them since last summer, and sadly I hadn't either. They are both really sweet and really funny. Their bromance is similar to Peter and Bryce's. It is so much fun to listen to them play off of each other in conversation. It also seems that every time I'm with them we cover everything imaginable to talk about. I was sad that we had to leave so soon, but before we did they came inside with us to say goodbye to my grandparents. My grandparents appreciated it, at least I think. Then my grandparents kissed Jacqueline and I goodbye and we all laughed when my grandma said "no kisses for the big boys." And that she couldn't reach them anyways.


We rushed home, changed our clothes and rode with my mom to Brownsburg where we met Dan, Aunt Amy, Maria, and Julia. We ate at Boulder Creek and shared stories of our sister swap. (We traded Maria for Jacqueline). We also laughed about the waiter bringing Jacqueline a plate of lemons when she asked for lemonade and admired the cute waiter at the table beside ours. We said our goodbyes and promised we'd see each other soon.




The rest of my evening was spent watching Jeopardy, playing soccer with Maggie, doing laundry, and blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment