June 4, 2011

2 Days: 6 miles, 1 snake, 4 openhouses & parties, 1 graduation, and lots of sunshine

Friday was a slower paced day for me. And I failed to blog. :( So here is a snapshot of my day.

In the morning I ran 2 miles on the treadmill and biked 2 on the stationary bike. I figure it will benefit when soccer practices start if I pre-condition myself a little. Then, after taking a shower, I went to the bank. All by myself. I had a gift cheque that I tried to use in Lafayette at the mall and it didn't seem to work anywhere. Luckily, after getting directed where to go, there was no confusion or issues at the bank. Everyone working there seemed very friendly and deposited for me with no problem.

I met Steph at my grandparents' house to lay out. I consider myself addicted to the sun and she enjoys it too.


Steph's friend from Depauw also came to visit. Her name was Casey and she was really sweet. Maybe someday I will be classmates with them at Depuaw. And maybe I won't be. The pool hasn't been completely cleaned out yet, and it was too chilly to swim. There were some leaves floating on the surface, and even a snake! I searched for the net but couldn't find it anywhere. Casey scooped it out with a broom. She even held it by it's tail for a minute. She was brave!


When I got home from the pool I went to Wal-mart with my mom. I was glad I talked her into coming with me, because I'm not a fan of going places alone. She let me satisfy my sweet tooth- with reeses, swedish fish, gum, lifesaver wintergreen mints, and some popsicles. I kind of felt like I was buying my snacks to pack for camp. I also bought a birthday present, wrapping paper, and card for Morgan. That was the point of the whole Wal-mart trip. I knew exactly what I wanted to get her, but didn't see it anywhere. I figured since the one time I did see it in the store was Christmas, it was probably gone. I checked the entire toy section, the shelf I saw it on last time, and even the old clearance isle. I was going to settle for something else that I hadn't really decided yet, when I saw it! It conveniently was on the shelf by birthday stuff. I was so excited that I found it and so excited to give it to her.

I wrapped Morgan's present, wrote a graduation card, and got dressed. I went to my friend Kalina's open house. She was originally in my grade but decided to graduate early during this school year. I am so proud of her for going after, and accomplishing her dreams. We have been in class together and friends since kindergarten and it will be bittersweet not having her beside me for my senior year.



I also got to hang out and talk to Hilary at her open house. I love Hilary. We are becoming better and better friends and it is so lovely.
     

Then I went to Morgan's party. She will be 18 in a few days which is a very big thought to comprehend. We played Scategories and Funglish, ate cupcakes, and watched her open presents.

 
I am not a fan of people watching me open presents, so I usually don't pay too much attention incase other people share my feelings of that. However, not this time. I loved how she knew what it was even before she got the wrapping paper off.
    


We have fallen in love with the show Ace of Cakes. Not only with their beautiful cakes, but also with all the people that work there.

When I got home I talked to my brother Michael then went to my room. I opened the reeses I bought earlier and needed a glass of milk. When I went to the kitchen I found a lovely surprise. Trent was over. And he asked me about my night and invited me to sit with them. Trent is one of Michael's best friends. Last summer we started referring to him as Brother Trent because he was always with Michael and could be found sleeping on our couch at least once a week. Michael and Trent are so much fun to hang out with. They seemed to discuss everything-from scams on Ebay to phases we went through in middle school to macs vs pcs.
Today I seemed to be moving at the same pace. A slow pace. I woke up and didn't do much of anything. After being motivated by Michael, I ran 1 mile on the treadmill and biked 1 mile. Then I showered and drove to Sarah's house. We walked over to Wabash for our friends Merry and Kara's open house.


I was in yearbook with Kara as a sophomore, but we really didn't talk much until this year. We were stud asses for Mrs. Lewellen seventh period. I loved knowing that no matter how my day went, it would all turn around seventh period. Kara is always smiling and listens to every complaint and story I have for her. She has taught me a lot about photography and photoshop. She is excellent and will make a great photographer. She has even done some senior pictures and a wedding so far! We are also very united for our love of TOMS. I will miss her so much next year. I like to think Kara and I started the trend at my school. They are now a common sight when walking down the hallways of CHS, but we were the first two.


I planned to lay out in the sun with Sarah, but suddenly didn't feel well so I went home instead. Maggie was very hot too so she came downstairs and napped with me. Luckily, again I was aware of what I needed to be doing even though I was sleeping. I set and alarm, but slept through it. Somehow though I managed to wake up with just enough time to get dressed  in my white blouse and khaki skirt and go to the high school.

I worked graduation for Athenian Core beside Lauren. We stood alike in our big, boxy navy blazers and directed people towards the bathrooms. We also got the job of watching Yaier, Mrs. Roman's son. She couldn't sit by him because she had to sit on the gym floor with the other faculty. He was so precious. He sat beside us on the bleachers and hardly said anything through the whole program. He was very content playing super monkey ball on his nintendo ds. It made me think of my cousins Seth and Brody and made me miss them quite a bit. 


Brother Trent is going to be one of the students from the class of 2011 that I will miss the most.


After graduation I went to Rebecca and Amber's open house. I have been good friends with both of them and involved in so many things with them-4H, gymnastics, and St. Bernard's church. They are both so sweet and take care of me and let me borrow their clothes and laugh a lot with me. During their open house their seemed to be a whole gymnastics team reunion. I was so happy to see my coaches and Ally, but mostly Sandy. She graduated last year and I haven't seen her or gotten a chance to hang out with her in so long. At open houses I tend to feel awkward and unsure of what to do, but not with Sandy. She hung out with me and caught up and it was lovely. She is so sweet and always dresses so cute!


I went with Hilary back to her house after their open house. Hilary and I waited for Colby then we went to Angel's open house/ birthday party. We also met Elizabeth, Sarah, Bailey, and Brennan there.


Angel is one of the most kind-hearted people I have ever met. He is so sweet and always has a big smile on his face. He is always so enthusiastic about whatever he is doing and is just so fun to be around. His party was so much fun. There was great music and even better dancing. I loved watching everyone's feet moving to the music, but especially the young girls who ventured out on the dance floor first. They were full of joy and love. I wanted to be their size and join in!


 Eventually, we all got on the dance floor. We even got to take turns being asked by Angel to dance. He is a such a good dancer!



Even though I have seemed to be set at a slow pace, these two days have gone by fast and been full of fun and friendship. I loved getting to celebrate with everyone. I am so proud of all of them for graduating high school and taking the next step in their journeys. I hope to stay in touch with those I have been close with and wish them the best. I am also happy to know this coming week won't be as hectic. I won't have as much as a schedule and should have more time to lay in the sun.

Also- I realize that was more than a snap shot. And that when I write at night I tend to ramble and go on and on more so than normal. I even saw this when I wrote papers for english- they always sounded better when I woke up early to finish them instead of trying to at night. But, I think blogging at night is more me. For these reasons:
1. I remember the day better before sleeping on it.
2. I would have a hard time falling asleep because I would just be planning on what I was going to blog and get too excited to sleep.
3. The time stamp would just be messed up. And that would bother me more than it should. (in fact tonight I had to post way before I was done, then finish it by editing the post so that it would say June 4 even though now that I'm finished it is early in June 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment