June 19, 2011

Dad's Day

This morning we woke up and went to church. Michael even sat by us. I paid attention much better than I usually do-for the most part. I really liked all of the readings. From the first one I liked:

"Having come down in a cloud, the LORD stood with Moses there
and proclaimed his name, "LORD."
Thus the LORD passed before him and cried out,
"The LORD, the LORD, a merciful and gracious God,
slow to anger and rich in kindness and fidelity." (Exodus 34:5-6)

"Brothers and sisters, rejoice.
Mend your ways, encourage one another,
agree with one another, live in peace,
and the God of love and peace will be with you." (2 Corinthians 13:11)
It made me think of what I read last night in Shauna Niequist's Bittersweet. How mourning and celebrating are important to do with friends. Even when the situation seems unfair, it isn't fair to ask them to mourn with you if you do not celebrate the good they have.

And from the Gospel reading I liked:
"God so loved the world that he gave his only Son,
so that everyone who believes in him might not perish
but might have eternal life." (John 3:16)


Father's homily today was about how much God loves us and how no matter what, He wants to have a relationship with us. But we are the ones who have to chose Him. It is really comforting, and amazing, and almost impossible to truly comprehend this. It made me think of a lot of devos from Camp T.

After church, I came home and took a great nap. Then I biked to Sarah's house to hang out where we sat in her room and talked while she went through her socks. Then we laid down and looked at magazines. My family called me, so I went home and changed. Then we picked Sarah up on our way out of town.

We went to Lafayette for dinner to Texas Roadhouse. It was fun being with the whole family + Sarah. Although it was really immature, it was pretty funny being pelted with ice that flew from everyone's straws. We all ordered steaks which were really good, but I am ready to not eat fast food or at a restaurant for a long time. I have too much recently and drank too much soda. I am going to stick to home cooking for a while.




On the way home my dad and I got ice cream comes from the Lindy Freeze, something he definitely would have done with his dad. Then we dropped Sarah off, Michael left, and I took another nap. It was also great. My room gets really dark when my dad puts a blanket over the window for me.

The rest of the night, Maria, my dad and I, just hung out at his house. Maria and I shared camp stories and sung along to the songs on her dvd. I miss Tecumseh so much, but I have learned that even though I didn't imagine it would-life goes on.

I also learned that actually this does have spell check! That was kind of an exciting discovery.

To wrap up this day, I really love my dad and am thankful for all he does for us. I want him to know that, and I just want him to be happy. I couldn't imagine being a parent and not living in the same house with my kids. Even though we get into quarrels, I look up to my dad and love him so very much.
John 3:16 is my Grandpa Demeter's favorite verse and I felt like especially on Father's day, he was with us. All of his children and grandchildren.
From the second reading I liked:

No comments:

Post a Comment