June 16, 2011

yesterday, love was such an easy game to play [june 15]

Yesterday morning, early morning there was storm. I heard it, but fell back asleep. When I did wake up, Aunt Chel and Max were already up. We went downstairs right away to get breakfast. I ate a donought and trix cereal and she ate an omelet and sausage. When we went back to the room, I laid down. And so did Max and Michelle. Max and I took naps, but she didn't. When I woke up she told me she took a picture for my blog with my camera. I looked at it later and found these:



Aunt Chel and I took turns getting ready & packing and watching Max. I much rather preferred to watch Max. We checked out of the hotel and picked up Tom from one building of the University of Illinois, drove him to the dorm he was staying in and picked up his suitcase, then dropped him off at the first place.

Our first stop was at Target. I love Target. My friend Josue asked me why I love it so much?
1) It has everything!
2) It's clean.
3) The stuff it sells is cutee. And good quality.
4) There are never long lines. Unlike Walmart, they open more than one of their many lanes.
5) The people working there always seem friendly.
6) Sometimes they have Starbucks inside.
7) I do like the color red.
At Target I bought a tank top (for only $4), a pair of really teal sandals, and a card for father's day. Aunt Chel bought a pair of capris, cards for father's day, and wipes.

Next we stopped back at Old Navy. Aunt Chel ran in and bought a really cute outfit for Max to wear for their family pictures that are coming up. They're doing fourth of July colors which is so cute! Red, white, and blue always look good on people. And red is her favorite color. And they will always remember oh ya, he was three months old around July 4!

Our last stop was for lunch. We didn't want something really heavy, but we did want something fast so we stopped at Burger King. She made fun of my for getting a 4 piece chicken nuggets, but she just got a burger thing or whopper whatever so I don't know what she was talking about. Max ate there also. But he got milk from a bottle. At lunch we talked about wearing sunscreen which led to my birthmark which led to her saying "Wow, the angels didn't just kiss your neck. They sucked on you. They must like you." which led to the discussion about how Max smiles we think the angels are visiting him. Especially Papa Joe. We all love and miss my Grandpa Demeter so much. I still cry watching The Notebook and Uptown Girls, and any other movie with a death, because I always go back to the days when we visited him in the hospital and at his funeral. They are so sad to remember. I like to remember the times he played with us and bought us dilly bars and was a deacon at mass and took us to Old Threasers and read books out loud to me before I knew what the words said.

After lunch, we hit the road and drove until we got to my dad's house. Max sat alone in the backseat, but it was okay because he slept. Aunt Michelle and I talked the whole way home. I always love riding in the front seat with my Aunt Michelle and Helen in the car because we can, and do talk about everything. And with both of them they just understand what I have to say and where I coming from so well. She asked me a lot about what I am going to study in college and where I want to go with my life. Like always, I never have any idea. But, she really believes in me and encourages my photography. I love that. She told me I just have a natural eye and it was such a huge, great compliment.


We made a quick trip to Walmart, then went to Little Mexico for dinner which is always yummy. When we got home we hung out for the rest of the night. This included watching She's the Man, eating sour patch candy, giving Max a bath, and cuddling with him a lot!




I am upset for posting this a day late. But, I think it made up for it where I was. Last night, when I realized I didn't blog I was holding sleeping Max. Also today I have more time. There is still plenty of daylight left and I wrote this in true summer. Outside, barefoot, laying in the grass besides Maggie, in shorts and a tshirt, my hair french braided and in a pony tail, sunkissed skin with tan lines from friendship bracelets & my watch & my ring, a slight breeze, the smell of grilling, and the sound of mowing and the humming of air conditioners and pandora and the gnats flying around my feet and landing on the screen are not even bothering me. This is what I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment