June 6, 2011

& sun sun sun all over our faces

Things from Sunday to be added:
1) There was a dog at church. Not just outside in the parking lot or something. But attending church. The dog was a lab and had a harness/apron thing on that said something but I didn't read it. It was a seeing eye dog or something. It was just really cool to see at church. Everyone is welcome :)
2) At church I heard of the passing of Mrs. K. :( She was my ccd teacher in second grade I believe. She was a precious, kind lady and it is sad to hear of her death. Mr. Backe also died this week. The knights of Columbus presented his wife with a special Bible and it made me almost cry. They always used to walk up to receive communion arm in arm. I remember one time Michael saying that's how he is going to be.
3) Last night I watched You Again with Steph, Alex, and Becca. I was so excited to hang out with them-I always am. But the movie made me realize how bad it can be to hold grudges, and that even if apologies are hard it is so necessary and worth it to forgive.

Today when Steph and I woke up we spent the majority of the day laying out. Becca also joined us for a bit and Tyler did, one of the kids Steph is babysitting for. The water was cold, but it was refreshing to stand in after soaking up so much sun.


I didn't do much when I came home. I took a nap with Maggie, did laundry, and ate my mom's chicken casserole for dinner. Then I sat on the porch with my mom, Dan, and Maggie on the porch.

Afterwards, I finally ran on the treadmill. I ran one mile and biked one. I don't really like to run, but maybe I actually do. It just feels good and I feel good about myself. I realized it isn't so bad when you don't think about it and when you don't watch the numbers go by-distance or time wise.

 

Now I am sitting on the floor, in my summer skin and chs gymnasties shirt, with my lap top, listening to Pandora and blogging. So many of my favorite things all at the same time.

[also for any readers, I am sorry for all my misspellings.]

No comments:

Post a Comment