June 8, 2011

With a sunset and a moonrise not so far behind

This morning Maria, my mom, and I made a trip to Target. A few years back that was almost a daily statement. But, since our Target has been gone from C-ville it is always an exciting day when we go to Lafayette just to go to Target. The trip was intended for buying the rest of Maria's camp stuff. Luckily they decided to let me join. It is a struggle enough to know I'm not going to camp in a few weeks, but would be even more upsetting to not get to go to Target because of it. I got a much needed new swim suit! I also got a pair of brown sandals, salmon shorts, and a purple sports bra.


While my mom and Maria were checking out I went to the Starbucks and purchased a carmel frappe and blueberry muffin. This was my most exciting buy of the day. I savored both of them as we journeyed back home.


We made it home by 1pm. Just enough prime sun time to lay out. Today I went with Becca to Trav's pool. Becca and I swam and laid out and chatted. We hadn't hung out for a while and it was good to be together again. Hank, their dog, even joined us for a bit.


I went home and hung out for a while, then took a quick nap and went to my dad's. My dad and I ate spongebob macaroni for dinner then went on a short drive. But before that, I repainted my fingernails and toenails. I love painting my nails. I do have a hard time choosing the color, but I love that I have so many to choose from. Today I painted my toes fruiti petutie (the usual) and my fingers shrimply devine. I have always enjoyed reading the names of nail polish and thought it would be fun to get to come up with the names. Ever since I was little I have enjoyed nail painting. Tonight I did it sitting on the carpet in my dad's family room. But when I was younger I had to do it on the stool in the bathroom. My skills have increased since then.

At 8 pm I went to CHS to play soccer. Goalie and I met Jose, Josue, Rafa, Jesus, Ricky, and Miguel at the field. Angel also joined for a bit. We moved the goals closer and just played. It felt so good to be on the field again, even though it seemed like I spent as much time watching the sunset and fade and the moon rise as I did actually playing. I just like defense, but with that few of people I really needed to be playing more offensive too. Oh well. It was a start to a long stretch of soccer ahead of us all.


Before we left around 10, we laid in the grass. It was cool and comforting after being in the heat all day. When we first laid down there were only two stars visible. They slowly started to shine brighter and brighter, more and more. But we left before the sky got very full.

No comments:

Post a Comment