June 11, 2011

Our boys won semi-state today!!

I woke up this morning and got ready to go to the ball game! I drove to my mom's to get dressed, then to Walgreen's, then picked up Sarah & took her to the bank, then we picked up Bailey and went to Turpin's house. We sat at his house and chatted and made friends with his dogs. Fritz and I got along the best. Then we were off. Sarah, Bailey, and I rode with Turpin's mom and Turpin, Sam, and Kentai rode with his dad. We turned up the music loud and danced. Even someone on the sidewalk started dancing when we pulled up to a stop sign.


We got a little lost along the way and got to the game during the third inning. The stands were crowded, full of blue and gold everywhere. Even with the sun blazing down on us, we all followed Mr. Z's lead and cheered on our boys to a victory! We beat Edgewood 9-5! After the game ended we all fled to the field, but had to leave so the next two teams to play could get ready for their game. We filed out and waited outside by the stands. When the boys came out there we continuous pictures being taken everywhere. With players, coaches, the trophy, family, and friends.


 


One the way home we stopped at McDonald's for lunch. The ride home was much quieter. We were all in need of naps and were satisfied knowing we had won the game today. Bailey and Turpin switched cars before we headed back to cville. Bailey really wanted to ride in the convertible, and it was such a small act of kindness from Turpin to let her. "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted" -Aesop. The whole Turpin family are selfless and ready to help others out. I loved hearing his mom talk about the love and dreams she has for Jordan and Kentai Jackson. .

After dropping Sarah and Bailey off at their houses, I went to my mom's. I took a solid nap on the couch which was exactly what I needed. I hung out and tried to make plans, but the attempt failed. Soon enough everyone came home- Maria, my mom, and Dan from her recital, and Michael from work. I spent the rest of the evening with Maggie, going to Walgreen's and helping Dan out with a project, texting my dearest friends, and watching 50 First Dates.


I thought the movie was going to be really funny, and at the beginning it was. Then it got more serious, and sad. It was sad to see her life and what it had become, but such a great act of love of her family. Again, being a sucker for romances and relationships, I loved watching Adam Sandler play a part with a huge heart and all the effort he put towards her.

No comments:

Post a Comment