June 9, 2011

she's only happy in the sun

I woke up at my dad's house this morning and ate a bowl of Lucky Charms, made my sister's and I's beds, put away and washed the dishes before coming to my mom's. Today the sun didn't shine. Even though I'm not only happy in the sun, it was a stay inside kind of day.

I finished one letter today and started and finished another one. I got them out and in the mailbox before the mail man came. It was kind of exciting to put the red flag up. Usually, I just mail them in the big blue box on main street. I really love being pen pals and receiving and sending real mail.

Then, I still was sleepy and took a nap on the couch. The couch is really big and comfortable and tends to be more of a bed. Someone sleeps on it at least once every day. Whether it be me or Michael taking a nap or Michael and Trent spending the night on it.

When I woke up I got on Netflix and searched for a movie to watch. Netflix tends to just have older movies that are available to watch instantly, but sometimes I find one that's good enough to watch until it ends. Today I got lucky and just that happened. Of course, I would have continued to watch it even if it wasn't good because it stared John Stamos. The movie was Sealed with a Kiss.


It was about a woman who sent a letter that accidentally got to John Stamos's character even though it was not intended for him. He tried to return it, but was mistaken for being someone else and falls into a friendship with the writer of the letter eventually and he reevaluates his life. I felt like it was the perfect match of a movie for me to watch today because I had previously written and mailed two letters. I really wanted to include some quotes from it, but I can't find them on any website. But it was describing the importance, and likeness of mail vs email. I liked the way it was worded and agreed with it.

Since it was cooler today, I figured I should probs mow. However, after many failed attempts of trying to start it myself and even giving in and calling my dad for help (although he didn't answer) I drove home. Very frustrated and without mowing.

I was dressed in my nike shorts and a cut off to mow, even though it didn't work out. So instead, I ran when I got home. I ran one mile then walked three and a half while watching Step Up-another great movie. Every time I watch it I fall more and more for Channing Tatum's character, Tyler. I love all of the dancing scenes and watching the relationships that are created during the movie.


The rest of the night I had to myself. I had no plans and no one else was home. It was kind of boring, but a good quietness. I ate chips and salsa for dinner. Then Maggie joined me in the house while I listened to the coffee house channel. Everyone else gets annoyed when I turn it to that, channel 6031, so it was nice to be able to have it on. I like the mellow, singer song writer music it plays, but my favorite is when a Jack Johnson song comes on. I also worked on a friendship bracelet when Maggie allowed my hand to stop petting her long enough to work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment