June 23, 2011

The Friends of Wednesday and Thursday

Wednesday I went with my mom and Maria to take Jacqueline to her mom. We met Aunt Amy at the fashion mall. I am so tired of shopping but it was good to be with people that I love. For lunch Maria, Jacqueline, and I went to Cracker Barrel while our moms shopped. This was really funny for me. I was in a rare form and laughed at everything.





Then we went our separate ways. On our way home the sky looked like it was two different days. The clouds, right next to each other, did not seem to match at all. Then, it poured rain and was fine.


In the car I watched the cars pass us. Here are all the different states I saw drive by. In only 1 1/2 hours:
1) Kentucky
2) Georgia
3) Alaska
4) Wisconsin
5) Ohio
6) Louisiana
7) Illinois
8) North Carolina
9 Florida
10) Virgina
11) Alabama
12) California
13) Missouri
14) South Dakota
15) Oregon
16) Minnesota
On the way home we also thought we were lost because the exit we wanted to take was closed. So I called my Grandpa for help. Minutes later I called back and said "It's a miracle. Somehow we are on the right road and headed to Cville!"

When I got home I went right to soccer. I met Goalie and hour before practice started so we could do her workout from Manchester. We juggled and did ladders and cones. Then practice started. We did minimal conditioning at the beginning then went over positions and names of each one then we scrimmaged. I love scrimmaging and just getting to play. It is so great when graduated players come back-especially Alex and Steph!!



I was a little timid about getting my playing with my new cleats in the mud, but I got over it. I had to to be able to play. And playing was better than having white shoes. It was a sacrifice I was willing to make. Luckily I snapped a photo of them before the dirty damage was done.


After showering, Alex, Steph, Hannah, and I got back together for the night. We made and ate chocolate chip pancakes and talked and watched What Happens in Vegas and all slept on the couch. I love hanging out with them. They are some of my very best friends and I was thankful for the sacrifices made to hang out. We also decided we are a lot like the characters from The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants: Alex is Bridget, Steph is Tibby, Hannah is Lena, and I am Carmen.



Today, Thursday, I planned on laying out with Steph. But again, the sun failed to shine. I guess this was nice for mowing. Until it died on me.

Then I showered and got my haircut at Nogginz. I was sad to not get my hair cut by Robyn, but I really needed it. There are so many great things about getting my haircut:
1) Getting it washed and played with just feels so good and relaxing.
2) Healthier hair.
3) Looking better.
4) Talking to the hairdresser (mostly more just Robyn). It's the best therapy I could ever think of.


Becca and I went to Turkey Run and hiked. We avoided getting our shoes wet! Somehow we even stayed dry when it started to rain. We didn't stay long before heading home.




Then I came to Sarah's for the night. We went to Kroger with plans to make dinner. We ended up eating chips and cheese. Then we ate almost a whole bag of lifesaver gummies and made Funfetti cookies. We talked and napped and watched Baby Mama and had a grand time!

No comments:

Post a Comment